User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User farrinaf
(newbie) Wed 13-Nov-19 13:07:00
Print Post

Zen FTTC - POTS availability ?

[link to this post]

I am a long standing PlusNet customer (currently on FTTC 80/20 - connecting at 80/20!!) I also have my landline with PlusNet.

My local exchange is listed under the BT Openreach Fibre First FTTP scheme with build scheduled to start within the next three months, so FTTP is likely to be available in the near future (famous last words!).

The PlusNet connection has been very reliable and were it not for their lack of any FTTP offerings and the upcoming FTTP availability, I would probably stay with them - my contract is due to expire January 2020.

Looking around FTTP options seem to be relatively limited with Zen being the most likely migration candidate. Obviously initially I would need to move to Zen's FTTC 80/20 product also migrating my existing phone line to Zen.

My intention is to continue using my Vigor 130 and pfSense combination and reading around this does not appear to be an issue (albeit unsupported by Zen) however I am unclear as to whether Zen offer POTS or if their phone service is exclusively VOIP via their supplied FRITZ!Box 7530 router.

(for the purpose of my query I am ignoring the implication of eventually switching to full FTTP)

Any current Zen using care to clarify ?

Cheers
Standard User funkydan
(newbie) Wed 13-Nov-19 13:33:49
Print Post

Re: Zen FTTC - POTS availability ?

[re: farrinaf] [link to this post]

My service with Zen is FTTC and a POTS landline.
Standard User kitfit1
(newbie) Wed 13-Nov-19 18:57:45
Print Post

[re: funkydan] [link to this post]

I'm with Zen on FTTC and you can actually use either or both. I choose to use use both because one is for business and the other isn't lol.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User farrinaf
(newbie) Thu 14-Nov-19 05:54:52
Print Post

[re: kitfit1] [link to this post]

Thanks to you both for the clarification.

Edited by farrinaf (Thu 14-Nov-19 05:55:10)

Print Thread

Jump to