User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User melevittfl
(learned) Wed 08-Jan-20 17:27:07
Print Post

Dropped packets problem

[link to this post]

Hi,

I've raised this with Zen support already, but is anyone else seeing a significant amount of dropped packets at the moment?

My Broadband Ping
Standard User TygerTyger2010
(regular) Thu 09-Jan-20 12:49:52
Print Post

Re: Dropped packets problem

[re: melevittfl] [link to this post]

Yesterday, the 8th I couldn't stream above 720p without a massive amount of stuttering and pausing. I had to switch down to 720p on youtube.

Amazon Prime streaming would not light up the "HD" on the bottom left of the screen to indicate HD playback, and you could see this watching.

It seems fine today, Thu 9th. I don't usually have problems streaming at 1080p.

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 2
Standard User Geordish
(regular) Thu 09-Jan-20 15:19:57
Print Post

Ignoring the significant amount of red at the top of your graph, the line looks ok. Are you actually experiencing issues?

The red at the top could be caused by a fritzbox being monitored with ping from 2 different locations. It gets upset by that and drops them.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User melevittfl
(learned) Thu 09-Jan-20 21:07:09
Print Post

[re: Geordish] [link to this post]

Iím aware of the that. However, earlier (I.e. prior to 9am on December 14th), the number of dropped packets was very small. Almost no red on the graph.
Standard User funkydan
(learned) Thu 09-Jan-20 22:18:18
Print Post

I was getting buffering streaming 1080p video late evening last night. It seemed to clear up around 10pm and 1080p was streaming fine after that.
I did notice I had a re-sync at 00.39 this morning. My SNR has gone up since that. My attainable throughput has risen as well.
I've not got the BQM so can't give any insight into that.
  Print Thread

Jump to