User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zebb_edi
(learned) Fri 24-Jul-20 09:23:48
Print Post

Re: 900 down/220 up from Zen?

[re: CarlTSpeak] [link to this post]

So is anyone on the higher 900 package successfully receiving those kind of speeds? I've been following this thread with keen interest.

My DrayTek doesn't support speeds that high, so was thinking of replacing it with the FritzBox from zen but was hoping for others experience first.
Standard User CarlTSpeak
(committed) Fri 24-Jul-20 09:53:43
Print Post

[re: zebb_edi] [link to this post]

Yep. All good.

Zen+BT

https://i.postimg.cc/C1qyfYkz/Fast-Test.png
https://i.postimg.cc/dtJXJGH7/Speeds.png

Building better networks, not just faster ones.
Standard User zebb_edi
(learned) Fri 24-Jul-20 10:00:29
Print Post

[re: CarlTSpeak] [link to this post]

wow....you have both bonded or something?

What router area you using? Did you manage to get 900 using just the fritz and only zen?

Edited by zebb_edi (Fri 24-Jul-20 10:41:41)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User CarlTSpeak
(committed) Fri 24-Jul-20 11:05:19
Print Post

[re: zebb_edi] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zebb_edi:
wow....you have both bonded or something?

What router area you using? Did you manage to get 900 using just the fritz and only zen?

Using pfsense. Haven't tried with the Fritz but can confirm the Zen service is delivering as it should be.

Building better networks, not just faster ones.
Standard User tboorman
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 28-Jul-20 15:03:28
Print Post

[re: robsdesk] [link to this post]

Did you manage to get this resolved? I have been regraded to Zen's Full Fibre 900 service today, and have not been able to get download speeds above 250 Mbps. I have got a case logged with Zen about this, and am waiting for them to get back to me.
Standard User JakeDog
(newbie) Fri 31-Jul-20 15:35:21
Print Post

[re: tboorman] [link to this post]

Is that over wifi?
Standard User robsdesk
(learned) Sat 01-Aug-20 09:56:14
Print Post

[re: tboorman] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tboorman:
Did you manage to get this resolved? I have been regraded to Zen's Full Fibre 900 service today, and have not been able to get download speeds above 250 Mbps. I have got a case logged with Zen about this, and am waiting for them to get back to me.

They're still progressing my regrade back to BT Wholesale, I think it got stuck with provisioning for a few days, being told about another week to get it done.

Are you seeing 120 on the upload, I do and about 300 down. They seem to know about the issue, took a few days after the openreach visit to get it moving.
Standard User FakeJake
(newbie) Sat 01-Aug-20 11:20:08
Print Post

My regrade was one that worked in the standard time frame.

Unfortunately what I have found is that the supplied fritz!box doesn't appear to be up to the job. I can get around 600ishMbps OK, but anything above that is very erratic.

To test, I connected up a Mikrotik Hex router and noticed a difference immediately.
https://www.speedtest.net/result/9845535549
Thats more like it!

Unfortunately I don't really like the Hex. Its... very complicated to set up and maintain, and it seems to cause some odd issues occasionally. I don't want odd issues when I'm still working from home full time!

I cannot fault the friz!box for reliability. And it's wifi performance is great (for it's spec. you cant pull more than around 500Mbps from its 2x2 80MHz connection, which is expected). I also use the built in DECT base station for VOIP (data only service).

I may contact them and ask them if they are considering supplying something more powerful that I can upgrade to.
Standard User robsdesk
(learned) Sat 01-Aug-20 11:23:23
Print Post

[re: FakeJake] [link to this post]

I take it you're using the new one (don't remember the model but supplied when I upgraded), I'm using an edge router 4, tried the Fritz to see if it was any different but not for me.
Standard User tboorman
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Aug-20 19:52:08
Print Post

Yes, those are around the speeds that I'm seeing. An Openreach engineer came last Thursday, and confirmed that my profile was set correctly, and that the light level reaching my ONT was fine, but agreed that I wasn't getting acceptable download speeds. Another Openreach engineer came today and did some tests while on the phone with someone from BT Wholesale using their test head. They were getting download speeds of around 500 Mbps with that, which supposedly is the fastest that they can achieve with it. The person from BT Wholesale said that he was going to log a ticket for 2nd line to investigate further.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to