User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User comerford
(newbie) Tue 07-Apr-20 13:30:25
Print Post

Successful gfast migrations

[link to this post]

Despite getting an email from Zen last week telling me my upgrade was on hold, Openreach have just completed it. It was a bit of a cluster duck as the engineer was given the main Zen phone number as a contact. He called them and was told they would contact me and let me know that it was going ahead. First I knew was when my line went dead, but as I can see the cab from my window so just asked the engineer if he was working on my line. 30 minutes later he'd been in and changed the faceplate and job was complete.
The speeds are a bit up and down at the moment, but seem to be settling down at the top end of expected.

Good job Openreach, not so good Zen.
Standard User savamac
(member) Wed 08-Apr-20 08:07:20
Print Post

Re: Successful gfast migrations

[re: comerford] [link to this post]

I'm surprised (but pleased) that Openreach would let an engineer in to your premises, at this time of Covid19. On a semi related topic, I've been having issues with SKY (satellite tv service) - their customer service is non-existent, and they refuse to let technician into customer premises.

Worcester Park Exchange http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/LSWOR

It's only rock 'n' roll...

Old programmers never die, they just abend 0C4 ..
Standard User comerford
(newbie) Wed 08-Apr-20 16:10:12
Print Post

[re: savamac] [link to this post]

OR seem to be letting the engineers make their own minds up as to whether they will enter the premises or not. I did say I was more than happy to swap out the socket if he didn't want to enter.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User comerford
(newbie) Wed 08-Apr-20 16:14:44
Print Post

In a followup to this my speed tests have rapidly stabilised at 80/30 even though the line is firmly synced at 150/30. It appears having talked to Zen that they need to update my radius entry for the higher speed, but won't do so until they see the job closed. The OR engineer did show me the job marked as finished after he did his speed tests. So i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Standard User SCHADENFACK
(newbie) Wed 08-Apr-20 20:33:07
Print Post

Interesting you should mention this. I've just had my g.fast regraded 2 days ago. My line is synced at 230 with 220 DL but it's only pulling 170 at best on any speed test app. I called tech support to explain this but they weren't having it.

My order isn't complete on their website yet. I wonder if it's a similar issue?

Edited by SCHADENFACK (Wed 08-Apr-20 20:34:41)

Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Wed 08-Apr-20 21:25:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by comerford:
OR seem to be letting the engineers make their own minds up as to whether they will enter the premises or not. I did say I was more than happy to swap out the socket if he didn't want to enter.

The general guidance is that they won't although in certain fault types (complete loss, critical customer), they will ask the two questions and determine if this is safe to do so and ask the customer to keep distance, or remain in another room.

We've been seeing engineers just going in regardless though for all types of faults so not everyone appears to be following the information given to engineers.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
uno Speedtest
Standard User comerford
(newbie) Thu 09-Apr-20 12:26:12
Print Post

[re: SCHADENFACK] [link to this post]

It's possibly the same issue, but if you are already getting 170 on a speedtest then its possible that they changed the radius to 160 and not the faster speed (unless you only ordered the 160 of course).
  Print Thread

Jump to