User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User manziclan
(newbie) Sat 11-Apr-20 11:15:56
Print Post

Considering moving to Zen - router question

[link to this post]

Hi all - am considering moving to zen and going onto the Unlimited Fibre 2 package which will give me higher speed than my current sky package for an extra £2, plus the static IP address which will save some occasional faff.

Have a question about the kit really. I currently have a sky fibre router (1) which is then hardwired to two other routers in the house at each end. Works well with the same SSID and means that we have full coverage wifi and the ps4's/TV's in the lounge (2) and kids rooms (3) work better as wired in.

My question is that if I get the zen router to replace router 1, will it play nicley with router 2 and 3 which have been adjusted to be just switches and wifi hubs - one is my old sky router (2) from pre fibre days and the other is a linksys (3). If all goes well then I plan to ditch (3) and use my current sky router (1) in its place purely cause the linksys is the oldest, wobbliest and trickiest to fiddle with.

I assume the answer to this is yes as in thier current dumbed down use, routers 2 and 3 don't care about the supplier and just liase with whatever ends up being router 1?
Standard User mbames
(committed) Sat 11-Apr-20 17:13:29
Print Post

Re: Considering moving to Zen - router question

[re: manziclan] [link to this post]

Assuming routers 2 and 3 have DHCP disabled, then they will work no problem.

Vodafone Fibre (Superfast2 - 80/20), Draytek 130, DrayTek 2925, DrayTek AP-910c x 2
(Gone but not forgotten: AP-700, 2820n x 2, 2800vg, 2800, HG612)

Speedtests:
ThinkBB - Mini | ThinkBB - Full | Speedtest.net
Standard User manziclan
(newbie) Sat 11-Apr-20 18:59:37
Print Post

[re: mbames] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mbames:
Assuming routers 2 and 3 have DHCP disabled, then they will work no problem.

Yes they do and thanks.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User alexatkin
(member) Sat 25-Apr-20 17:11:16
Print Post

[re: manziclan] [link to this post]

Often forgotten is to also make sure things like uPNP are disabled too, so they do not conflict with the main router.

Edited by alexatkin (Sat 25-Apr-20 17:11:46)

Print Thread

Jump to