User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User comerford
(newbie) Fri 17-Apr-20 22:25:22
Print Post

Zen down since about 13:00

[link to this post]

Suffered a total loss of service including voice segment at about 13:00. The status page shows a number of openreach outages with complete loss of service, but no updates on the fix progress since almost the time of original posting. I'm surprised there is so little info available..
Standard User paulsmith109
(experienced) Sat 18-Apr-20 08:38:31
Print Post

Re: Zen down since about 13:00

[re: comerford] [link to this post]

I had a similar issue; in fact I`ve had several temporary outages over the last week. In all cases there were BT core network faults stated on Zen`s status website (status.zen.co.uk) when my connection was down.
I did speak to Zen technical support about my issues, but strangely they seemed ignorant about this status webpage, which is worrying, and instead had me check my own equipment, use the test socket etc etc
All has been OK however, since 6.30pm yesterday. Fingers crossed it stays that way!
Standard User comerford
(newbie) Sat 18-Apr-20 12:05:32
Print Post

[re: paulsmith109] [link to this post]

Assuming your line rental is with Zen did you lose that as well?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User paulsmith109
(experienced) Sat 18-Apr-20 18:37:08
Print Post

[re: comerford] [link to this post]

No, line is not with Zen.
Standard User alexatkin
(member) Fri 24-Apr-20 21:18:36
Print Post

[re: paulsmith109] [link to this post]

BT line here, still in sync with DSLAM but no response to PPP requests. The strange thing is, none of those BT faults are in my area, so not sure what is going on.

Wish I'd noticed this earlier so I could at least have called them. Fortunately I have Plusnet on a second line which is still working fine, which makes it even more puzzling.

I wonder if this is a Talk Talk Broadband fault as the only difference on my lines would be the backhaul on Zen is using them rather than BT?
Standard User jpm
(newbie) Fri 24-Apr-20 21:37:46
Print Post

[re: alexatkin] [link to this post]

We have quite a lot of FTTC lines that use TalkTalk Wholesale for backhaul and not a single one is down at the moment, if that helps at all.
Standard User alexatkin
(member) Fri 24-Apr-20 22:04:19
Print Post

[re: jpm] [link to this post]

Just came back up.
  Print Thread

Jump to