User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User professor973
(knowledge is power) Sat 27-Jun-20 14:46:07
Print Post

Re: Zen dropped packets

[re: ukwiz] [link to this post]

Rubbish, my Fritz!box like others has worked perfectly for the last year. Mine seems to have gone tits up after an update a couple of days ago. This is how my Fritz!box worked and handled BQM for over a year. The lack of response from Zen is what is getting me down now and are skating on thin ice here, a shave ignored a request some time ago for a replacement router.
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...

(knowledge is power) Sat 27-Jun-20 14:52:19
Print Post

[re: MoM] [link to this post]

Yes, all other sites showing no loss and TBB BQM a total mess recently. If it's a clash between Fritz!box and the BQM all of a sudden Zen should cough up a router to keep me I think but rarely respond to me over this and when they do it's no problem. IPv6 BQM great - IPv4 BQM a mess which ties in with me struggling at times despite a very fast new gamer machine. The red line around midnight last night was me executing a full factory router reset.

Standard User Geordish
(regular) Sat 27-Jun-20 15:58:44
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Are you actually experiencing a problem other than a graph showing loss? It is fairly well known that the Fritzbox blacklist sources pinging it. This is why Zen ask you to disable TTBs BQM if they want to add it to their own systems.

The fact your IPv6 graph shows as fine suggests that there is nothing wrong.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MercuryRH2
(newbie) Sat 27-Jun-20 20:41:42
Print Post

[re: Geordish] [link to this post]

If it’s anything like mine at the moment then Zen appear to have some kind of issue that users are not being told if.

My sync is 71.1Mbps Down / 19,9Mbps Up but the throughput has fallen off a cliff. My circuit normally has no problem supporting a 4K UHD stream and a couple of HD ones but it’s barely making SD at present.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/15932864764...

This all started in the early hours of 23rd June and was fine up until then.

Current packet snapshot - all on IPV4 as I don’t have IPV6 from Zen yet.
My Broadband Ping

Edited by MercuryRH2 (Sat 27-Jun-20 20:42:53)

(knowledge is power) Sat 27-Jun-20 20:47:23
Print Post

[re: Geordish] [link to this post]

Yes bad slowdown at times, but more to the point the FritZ!box handled BQM perfectly for over a year, so I don't buy that they dont.

(knowledge is power) Sat 27-Jun-20 20:56:18
Print Post

[re: MercuryRH2] [link to this post]

I agree something is going down with Zen that is not being admitted to. This is recent an more than one is suffering. I started suffering the same BQM losses as you at the same time but Zen said nothing wrong, though the router seems to have had a brainstorm now. A full factory reset of the Fritz!box hasn't helped. It's basically trashed since an update a few days ago and also refuses to pass data to my wireless printer also since the update. By tomorrow I will have another router and printer to try. If will prove either the router or Zan have a problem, but with Zen not wanting to cooperate I will probably jump ship to a previous supplier that was no problem.
This was my BQM 7 days ago!

Edited by professor973 (Sat 27-Jun-20 21:03:07)

Standard User neegal
(newbie) Sat 27-Jun-20 20:56:26
Print Post

[re: MercuryRH2] [link to this post]

Hi,

I'm in exactly the same situation. Im on 80/20 FTTC and the throughput drops to slower than upload speed every single night from 5pm, probably worst around 8pm, since 23rd June. It gradually recovers at midnight.

If that wasn't enough, I've got 10-20% packetloss.... so much that online gaming isn't possible and even get kicked from servers because it's that bad.

This is the worst I've ever had it with Zen, and not a single status update. There's clearly a huge issue.
It's normally rock solid 72/18.

Anyone had feedback from support over it? Would swithcing to IPv6 help? Does it affect FTTP too?
(knowledge is power) Sat 27-Jun-20 21:09:49
Print Post

[re: neegal] [link to this post]

The only response I've had from Zen is to deny a problem. I'm not a fast gamer, but it's a bad enough lag to lose hands of online poker. With regard to IPv6, I have both running, but both Chrome and Firefox both have a silly short 3ms fallback to IPv4 if IPv6 doesn't respond in that time, there is the added problem that not all sites are IPv6 the last I've heard, so if that is the case I don't see how Zen can claim no problem, it's their supplied router after all.

Standard User AndrewNi
(member) Sat 27-Jun-20 21:25:43
Print Post

[re: neegal] [link to this post]

I'm still having the same issue as you and Mercury (no offence to the professor but I'm not sure his problem is the same). It's been the worst week for packet loss. (Live BQM up thread.)

I haven't contacted support. Perhaps we can band together? There's a few posts on Zen's twitter that might also be the same problem.

I already use IPv6 and it's no different. FTTC.

Just to check, are we all using Manchester's gateway? lo1.subs.bng1.wh-man.zen.net.uk? (use traceroute to find out) Going to try my hardest to gateway hop away tonight, although I already keep ending back on Manchester whenever PPP drops.
Standard User MercuryRH2
(newbie) Sat 27-Jun-20 21:34:10
Print Post

[re: AndrewNi] [link to this post]

I have a case running, and yes I’m routing via that Manchester gateway.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to