User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User hermzeap
(newbie) Tue 10-Nov-20 14:27:55
Print Post

Unchanged speeds following Full Fibre 500 upgrade

[link to this post]

Just upgraded to Full Fibre 500 from Full Fibre 3 (150Mbit down / 30 Mbit up).

The order is marked as complete but my download and upload speeds are unchanged.

I have phoned through to technical support and completed the usual steps of checking speeds by directly connecting a PC to the ONT via ethernet cable and setting up a PPPoE session. I have also reset the ONT.

Zen have booked for an Openreach engineer to visit next week. As far as I am understand from other users on this forum, the problem is almost never with the full fibre connection and ONT however.

Has anyone else had a similar problem recently with an upgrade to the faster speed packages on Zen FTTP and, if so, how was it resolved?
Standard User tboorman
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 10-Nov-20 14:48:47
Print Post

Re: Unchanged speeds following Full Fibre 500 upgrade

[re: hermzeap] [link to this post]

The first thing that I would ask Zen is to arrange for your circuit to be rebuilt. If that does not resolve things, it may be that they need to enable the elevated traffic status feature on your circuit - this resolved my poor speeds after a regrade to Full Fibre 900.
Standard User tsla_3
(newbie) Wed 30-Dec-20 21:00:46
Print Post

hey hermzeap

I have a regrade completed upgrading from 150 to 500 and experiencing your same problem with no change on download speeds. Did you get the issue sorted at the end? What was the issue?

thanks!

Edited by tsla_3 (Wed 30-Dec-20 21:05:01)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User hermzeap
(newbie) Thu 31-Dec-20 20:15:40
Print Post

[re: tsla_3] [link to this post]

Yes - all fixed now. Zen arranged for an Openreach engineer visit. As I suspected, there was no fault with the fibre optic line or the ONT. The engineer completed the line checks and then reset my FTTP line profile which immediately resulted in an improvement in speeds to the full 500Mbit down and 70Mbit up.

I suspected from the start that I had a problem with the FTTP line profile and not a faulty fibre optic line. I asked Zen if Openreach could reset the line profile without an engineer visit but apparently my issue had to be treated as a faulty line, which required a call out from an Openreach engineer.

Hopefully, you won't have to wait long for an Openreach engineer to visit to fix the problem.
Standard User tsla_3
(newbie) Thu 31-Dec-20 22:12:32
Print Post

Thank you for your reply, I have done all remote troubleshooting with zen tech support now and they are going to send a test router to prove it’s not my router causing the issue. I have already tested PPoE connection with my laptop to ONT to prove my router is not at fault but they’re not accepting it. They can only book Openreach engineer after confirming i can’t get better speeds with their Fritz box. Guess I will have to wait few more days now, 😞
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 02-Jan-21 11:03:51
Print Post

The fibres connects at 2.4 Gbps downstream no matter what speed you order at, if not able to connect at that its considered loss of signal and ONT will show this.

So was always going to be a profile issue somewhere.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to