User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Mon 01-Mar-21 10:34:47
Print Post

Support not answered been one month

[link to this post]

Hi,

I am hoping someone from Zen here can chase down my support ticket.

I raised it on the 30th or January, and I am still waiting on an answer.

I’m happy to DM the case number.

I appreciate with covid etc things are slow, but wasn’t expecting it to take a month to get a answer.

Cerberus FTTPoD
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 01-Mar-21 13:54:04
Print Post

Re: Support not answered been one month

[re: Snake] [link to this post]

I'm not sure how often their support reps vist here, so you would be much better giving them a call to chase up.

I think you will find a few cases of emails not having been picked up on if you look at previous threads.
Standard User ashdown
(regular) Mon 01-Mar-21 19:43:27
Print Post

I can't remember ever seeing a Zen representative here. You could try posting in their own forums. They seldom post there, but I do know that they read posts.

Alternatively, as suggested, there's always the phone (although, personally, I much prefer email for support and don't understand why companies generally are so slow to reply to email).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jimbof
(learned) Tue 02-Mar-21 07:45:53
Print Post

[re: ashdown] [link to this post]

I think that email is easy to ignore when resource limited is mostly what it comes down to. I guess they're not running at full capacity due to COVID.

i emailed a provisioning query a few days ago and have had no reply. Tired of waiting for reply, I phoned up yesterday and after about 30 mins on hold I did manage to get through to someone.
Standard User ukwiz
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 03-Mar-21 09:16:51
Print Post

Zen are useless at answering emails. The only support to answer emails is the ipv6 team. Usually a response in a couple of days.

David

BT (poor) -> Zen (excellent) -> O2 (started well, went downhill -> IDNet (No complaints - but 100GB cap) -> Zen (gone downhill)
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Wed 03-Mar-21 20:07:03
Print Post

Don't work for any ISP but have worked in IT support foe a number of years including phone based and phones always take priority if the support operation is busy so I'd phone them.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale) => Xilo (TT Wholesale due to O2 Wholesale closure) => Zen LLU =>> ZeN FTTP (100 Mbps down, 18 Mbps up)
Router: Fritzbox 7530

Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Wed 03-Mar-21 20:11:05
Print Post

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

Thank you all,

Will try and call tomorrow.

Cerberus FTTPoD
Standard User hughcw
(newbie) Fri 05-Mar-21 11:18:39
Print Post

[re: ukwiz] [link to this post]

I've had very good luck, then.
They've been very good at responding to emails from me in the last week - had a first reply within an hour of emailing them
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Fri 05-Mar-21 20:54:11
Print Post

How did you get on Snake?

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale) => Xilo (TT Wholesale due to O2 Wholesale closure) => Zen LLU =>> ZeN FTTP (100 Mbps down, 18 Mbps up)
Router: Fritzbox 7530

Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Sat 06-Mar-21 00:08:12
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

They did reply back to the email.

Basically I paid for my two year agreement up front. So when the price drop happened, I asked if I would be getting a refund, but the answer was no, as I’m in a two year contract - which is fairness does make sense, but no harm in asking 😇

Cerberus FTTPoD
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to