User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Whitehall11
(regular) Wed 24-Mar-21 10:00:43
Print Post

Zen - How does it work?

[link to this post]

Hey All - I'm looking to move our home FTTC Cab Connection (Currently get a rock solid 80/20) from TalkTalk to Zen, and was wondering how their network is setup?

Is it a LLU Unbundled Service or does it go via BTW or Indeed, Talktalk?

Any problems you would suggest i look out for?
Standard User Woolwich
(experienced) Wed 24-Mar-21 12:20:52
Print Post

Re: Zen - How does it work?

[re: Whitehall11] [link to this post]

I think a mix of BTW and TTB. I was on BTW but for some reason moved over to TTB (I think I have my TLAs correct).

I've never had any problems with Zen. As well as my own I 'look after' another four connections. My service once went down for a few hours many years ago. But, you know, the internet...

I've got forty quid for you if you want a referrer (needs you to order by the end or March).
Standard User MercuryRH2
(learned) Wed 24-Mar-21 12:43:22
Print Post

[re: Woolwich] [link to this post]

As above, it’s a mix. Mine is on Openreach for the copper service part (FTTC) for which I pay Zen for line rental and the back haul was migrated from BTW to TTB in March last year as Zen started moving their suppliers.

Tech Support is excellent and the Customer Support/Sales Teams have been brilliant sorting out a move for my elderly parents. OR/BT were the opposite and a complete and utter disaster in their relevant spaces. I’ve never heard of anyone else having so much trouble with a simple move!.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 24-Mar-21 14:32:01
Print Post

[re: MercuryRH2] [link to this post]

OR is the same company and FTTC circuit provider from the exchange to your parents' home, whether talking to BT Consumer or TalkTalk.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
The EU’s multiple failures are due to a deeper malaise .... What malaise? The EU’s formidable immunity to the smallest amount of democracy. New Statesman Feb 2021.
Standard User e13037
(newbie) Wed 24-Mar-21 20:04:17
Print Post

[re: Whitehall11] [link to this post]

If your exchange has been unbundled, it will connect via BT Openreach into Zen's rack in the BT exchange. They have their own equipment in which they can then backhaul your service to a central PoP. If they are not in the exchange, the service can be provided via either BT Wholesale or TalkTalk Business, (which is not the same service as a standard TalkTalk service).
  Print Thread

Jump to