User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mikel543
(newbie) Wed 21-Apr-21 10:41:03
Print Post

Any other Zen users experience 10 minute outage last night?

[link to this post]

Looking at BQM and router logs my Zen connection went down for 10 mins around 11:45 pm last night (20/4).

According to the logs on the Fritzbox the line stayed in sync but the PPP session dropped and couldn't be re-established for 10 mins.

I suspect it was planned maintenance but there isn't anything on the Zen support pages.

Just curious if anyone else has seen a drop at that time? I'm on the London POP BTW
Standard User planetf1
(experienced) Thu 22-Apr-21 17:10:54
Print Post

Re: Any other Zen users experience 10 minute outage last nig

[re: mikel543] [link to this post]

I'm also on london.
I didn't see any issue on 20th - but I have had similar drops from time to time.
Standard User mHm
(newbie) Thu 22-Apr-21 17:33:50
Print Post

Yes, I see similar disruptions, the PPP connection goes down, the actual DSL signal stays up and shows the same SNR and speed as before.

Strangeley enough attempts to re-dial PPPoE do NOT help, whereas a complete restart of the router (Draytek 2860) does help.

After the first incident on 20 April 2021, 10 am, my latency went up from 12 ms to now 22 ms.
After the 2nd incident 22 April 5:15 pm, latency went down again from 22 to 12-ish ms.

I have not contacted ZEN support, as I didn't feel like going through a pointless fault finding session in my own wiring etc etc.

Edited by mHm (Thu 22-Apr-21 17:40:24)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User francisuk25
(regular) Thu 22-Apr-21 18:37:11
Print Post

[re: mHm] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mHm:
I have not contacted ZEN support, as I didn't feel like going through a pointless fault finding session in my own wiring etc etc.

I spoken to zen live tech chat today but all they really done is just sent a ticket to noc and monitoring my line via pinging it from Zen's end. Would be great if you live chat to them also for another user who experiencing the issue https://www.zen.co.uk/contact-us

Zen Unlimited Fibre 2 Residential 80/20
Mill Hill LWMIL Local Exchange

Edited by francisuk25 (Thu 22-Apr-21 18:38:22)

Standard User tickopa
(newbie) Thu 22-Apr-21 21:04:09
Print Post

Hi, I experienced a 15 minute outage on 2021-04-21 starting at 23:30. VDSL2 sync was undisturbed. https://imgur.com/HHldpwh

I suspect it's scheduled maintenance/update of firmware on Zen's Huawei routers in NGA exchanges but they do not seem to make this information public on either of their status pages. Zen seems to like keeping details of their network a secret.

Edited by tickopa (Thu 22-Apr-21 21:07:06)

Standard User Skilty
(committed) Fri 23-Apr-21 12:15:36
Print Post

Happened to me on the 18th February and 30th March around 10pm each time. Wouldn't mind but this is my typical time to be watching Netflix smile

Not sure why they don't schedule maintenance after midnight.

plusnet Fibre > Sky Fibre Pro > Pulse8 Fibre XL > Sky Fibre Max > ZeN Fibre 2 - 11ms Ping, Sync ~ 61.2/18.2Mbps - My Broadband Ping
Standard User Rhynchelma
(newbie) Fri 23-Apr-21 14:44:54
Print Post

Have had similar episodes twice now, weeks apart. I assumed it was something resetting at Zen.
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Sat 24-Apr-21 02:08:40
Print Post

In reply to a post by mikel543:
Looking at BQM and router logs my Zen connection went down for 10 mins around 11:45 pm last night (20/4).

According to the logs on the Fritzbox the line stayed in sync but the PPP session dropped and couldn't be re-established for 10 mins.

I suspect it was planned maintenance but there isn't anything on the Zen support pages.

Just curious if anyone else has seen a drop at that time? I'm on the London POP BTW

ive got a m8 who works at zen and he confirmed there was a drop on All lc exchanges for about 10 mins (ill be honest not sure what LC stands for ) but confirms it was kind of wide spread

ash
  Print Thread

Jump to