User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 24-Jul-18 15:36:43
Print Post

Re: Home::1 1TB quota increase

[re: ferretuk] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ferretuk:
I've just seen that, as of August 1st, the Home::1 1TB tariff is changing to 2TB

https://aastatus.net/2535

Happy to take the increase (though I'd actually have preferred a price cut instead) but it doesn't really affect me (yet) as I generally use less than 500GB anyway. Still, nice to know that there's plenty of headroom as usage patterns change smile

I wonder how many people really push the limit on the 1TB service now?

Nice! smile with rollover?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 24-Jul-18 15:38:32
Print Post

[re: Philce] [link to this post]

Sorry Phil. I meant to backtrack on that post of mine, but read your reply just before going for a shower then forgot. This post by djfunkdup reminded me.

I misread your "Virgin" as "Vodafone". VM will probably be fine once the installation is done, though I hope you've checked how it performs in your area. It can be variable, from what we see posted here, particularly wrt latency which can affect gaming.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 68543/12313Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User djfunkdup
(committed) Tue 24-Jul-18 15:39:11
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Well the guy is saving 50+ quid a mnth for his family by switching to VM and i think it's totally unfair to plant a seed in his head that VM are a rubbish isp.Yes sure some have issues,Some have massive issues but on the whole most seem to be happy with them.. Anyway i was just curious that's all was not looking for a debate to interfere with the topic in hand.

Thanks

Vivid350/20+Mbps (Standalone BroadBand Connection)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 24-Jul-18 15:39:29
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
Nice! smile with rollover?
That's what it says in the link tongue.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 68543/12313Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User djfunkdup
(committed) Tue 24-Jul-18 15:45:35
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Sorry Phil. I meant to backtrack on that post of mine, but read your reply just before going for a shower then forgot. This post by djfunkdup reminded me.

I misread your "Virgin" as "Vodafone". VM will probably be fine once the installation is done, though I hope you've checked how it performs in your area. It can be variable, from what we see posted here, particularly wrt latency which can affect gaming.

OOPS A little accident then .. All is forgiven xx wink

Vivid350/20+Mbps (Standalone BroadBand Connection)
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 24-Jul-18 15:49:11
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
When it all goes wrong, make sure you don’t say ”I told you so!”. wink

How much data do you use per month anyway? Which AA package are you on?

What “services” anyway? Surely you don’t use ISP email?

The service on VM is actually much better these days - granted Phil's area might suck but if it does not then it's worth him trying it - even if he comes to AAISP after the 21 day trial smile

If 5TB is the new limit when my VM business line comes up for reneral i'll jump on that - and maybe the 2TB in the meantime
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 24-Jul-18 15:50:15
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
Excellent news and well done them for keeping ahead of the curve.

While we very rarely go anywhere near a TB this ensures plenty of cushion and makes me more inclined to purchase FTTP from AA next year.

Virgin push 1.6GB to you.. how much more do you need man!? tongue
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 24-Jul-18 15:52:33
Print Post

[re: djfunkdup] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by djfunkdup:
Well the guy is saving 50+ quid a mnth for his family by switching to VM and i think it's totally unfair to plant a seed in his head that VM are a rubbish isp.Yes sure some have issues,Some have massive issues but on the whole most seem to be happy with them.. Anyway i was just curious that's all was not looking for a debate to interfere with the topic in hand.
In which case why didn't you post what you just did, instead of the rude trolling post you did make?

Nor, from his reply before noon did I seem to have planted any such seed in his head.
Thanks
What's that about? Thanks for what? Please desist.

Oh! Just checking something and now we have your
OOPS A little accident then .. All is forgiven xx wink
I do not need your forgiveness thank you, as just explained. There was no need whatsoever for the tone of your first reply to me, mistake by me or not.

Think before posting your next sarcastic reply, and give a sensible and relevant one as in the first part of what I quoted at the top here instead.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 24-Jul-18 15:52:38
Print Post

[re: djfunkdup] [link to this post]

Thanks

To be fair to Bob in many areas VM used to be rubbish, mine included. They stripped the sale of 350 off the website for my area for just over a year -but when it did return its as fast as ever - never have a problem with it and currently pay £42 for the res line - the Business one is £69 but that's got a mobile and landline in it too.

They still do a trial so if it is Phil can just walk away..
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 24-Jul-18 15:58:45
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
They still do a trial so if it is Phil can just walk away..
smile

Note, it was all a mistake by me anyway. As for him walking away after the trial, which he most probably won't need to, if the house hasn't have VM before it isn't all done miles away is it wink.

For instance I considered it when I closed my office and retired, as we had no internet at home. Although the initial few feet of the underground cabling would have been easy (though across a lawn not at the side), a considerable amount of block paving would have needed lifting and re-setting.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to