User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ferretuk
(committed) Sat 28-Jul-18 08:53:20
Print Post

Re: Home::1 1TB quota increase

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In your example you'd be using your DSL login for L2TP access so you're just using your normal quota i.e. 2TB?

Fair question for the paid for L2TP service though...

AAISP Home::1 Terabyte | IPv4 BQM | IPv6 BQM | AAISP VOIP | ER-Lite Router | Unifi AC-Lite Wifi AP
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 28-Jul-18 14:27:15
Print Post

[re: ferretuk] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ferretuk:
In your example you'd be using your DSL login for L2TP access so you're just using your normal quota i.e. 2TB?

Fair question for the paid for L2TP service though...

Ah so that's how it would work. I thought as much - I've just asked about the quota system in the IRC and I understand it now smile
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 30-Jul-18 13:41:34
Print Post

Nice to see Chaos now showing this - and everyone's allowance going up I assume on Wednesday smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lexden16
(committed) Fri 08-Nov-19 16:02:03
Print Post

Well done to AAISP for announcing a 50% increase to the basic 200GB package from the 1st December.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Sat 09-Nov-19 07:36:15
Print Post

[re: lexden16] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lexden16:
Well done to AAISP for announcing a 50% increase to the basic 200GB package from the 1st December.

300GB...whoopee doo. Plenty of CPs out there who offer the same (or better) level of support as AAISP yet they offer truly unlimited usage (no FUP) as standard on all of their packages. Such as Fluidone, Trunk Networks & Structured Communications to name a few. Bandwidth limits are soooooo yesterday..... frown

FTTP(oD) 330/50 -- 4+2 ONT -- Netgear RAX200

Edited by baby_frogmella (Sat 09-Nov-19 07:37:43)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 09-Nov-19 09:37:15
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

I think the thread may have been woken up by a removed spam post yesterday .... wink

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Sat 09-Nov-19 09:51:27
Print Post

Re: Home::1 200GB allowance increase to 300GB

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

No!

I think this woke it up: https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/11/isp-an... which was posted Friday, November 8th, 2019 (2:42 pm)

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8

Edited by jelv (Sat 09-Nov-19 09:53:34)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 09-Nov-19 10:12:28
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

Ah!
smile

My excuse is there was an 8 or 9 post spammer, and I remembered I had over 300GB allowance for a long time when with them. That memory being because I had around 150GB of rollover every month.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
Standard User lexden16
(committed) Sat 09-Nov-19 13:36:14
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

If you recall, AAISP got rid of the 300GB data plan and customers got 2TB for the same price. Those of us on the 200GB plan were left as was. I confess that this business decision encouraged me to look at what else was on offer, but I concluded that the service level offered by AAISP - along with the ability to switch plans each month and the 50% data rollover - was enough to encourage me to stay. The increase in the base product data allowance makes staying with AAISP that much easier. In my view, it is worth paying a small premium for a broadband connection that rarely misses a beat.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to