General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User sen10r
(newbie) Wed 01-May-19 01:04:20
Print Post

Weird graph behaviour on BQM.

[link to this post]

For a long time my BQM graph has showed a pretty stable connection to Virgin Media. And I haven’t experienced any issues with service. [See Graph Below]

Graph 1

Then on 21st April this happens … black space and then the latency looks a bit weird. Not the straight line I’d had before. I have no memory of having any issues with my Broadband at this time, no loss of service.

Graph 2

This kind of graph continues …

Graph 3

until this happens on 25th April … completely red, total packet loss. But no loss of Broadband service.

Graph 4

and it continues for about 5 days, with no loss of service …

Graph 5

until yesterday … 30th April, when we had a regional loss of supply. When it was fixed … BQM started monitoring again.

Graph 6

Could anyone offer some insights as to what’s been happening to my connection to BQM over the last few weeks?

Thanks
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 01-May-19 01:33:21
Print Post

Re: Weird graph behaviour on BQM.

[re: sen10r] [link to this post]

Re 21 April, see this thread. The whole thinkbroadband system was down for a while. That caused the black patch.

The red period is when your Virgin OP address was for that time not the address you had set up the BQM to monitor. Luckily, when you lost power and had it restored, you regained the earlier address.

Unless you have a dynamic OP address and use a host service to present a static one to BQM and that On the 25th that service just failed to pick up the change for some reason.

(May I suggest you change the name of the BQM to something constant smile ? It really confused me for a while. The date of the graph appears on a vertical line within it, moving across through the day on a live one like the one in my sig, or at the point of a snapshot, and at the left side on a selected day. Except of course on the rare occasions the system is down and restarts, as seen ar the end of your black period).

Edit: LOL, I see mine has changed! I shall fix it in a moment.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up. BQM
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 01-May-19 01:34:30)

Standard User gary333
(regular) Wed 01-May-19 11:04:18
Print Post

[re: sen10r] [link to this post]

I have two houses with Virgin Media (very close to each other - but one is on a newer network).

My main house has this solid redness for much of the day many days per week (and sometimes all day for many days).

My other house doesn't have this ever, however the internet is not used very much there. I wonder if it's when the Hub gets busy that it stops responding completely.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gary333
(regular) Wed 01-May-19 11:14:10
Print Post

[re: gary333] [link to this post]

House 2 - Fine

House 1 - Not Fine

Edited by gary333 (Wed 01-May-19 11:15:04)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 01-May-19 13:07:07
Print Post

[re: gary333] [link to this post]

The Superhub does not give a priority to responding to pings and does for some seem to not bother responding at all for periods of time.

Whether the new 'Intelligent Wi-Fi' one will be any better hard to say

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to