General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 11-Jun-19 11:27:20
Print Post

Re: BQM showing solid red even though broadband is up

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Not the VM network that is the issue but the software in the SuperHub

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 11-Jun-19 12:29:56
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

True. I'd forgotten that. But it is still VM's problem, not yours, and it doesn't seem to bother the OP other than his BQM can fail and he hasn't mentioned any problem with his broadband.

Anyway, I've made several helpful replies to him, and now he's had my final opinion.

Given the number of reports of it we've had on here it doesn't look as if VM are in a hurry to fix it. Particularly as I haven't seen any reports of it affecting anyone's real-life performance.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 11-Jun-19 14:34:37)

Standard User Werewhelk
(newbie) Tue 11-Jun-19 13:31:45
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Sorry if I've offended anyone unintentionally.

Perhaps I should have explained... The reason I created the BQM is that I've been having intermittent broadband drops which VM have not been able to resolve. I was hoping to use this monitor to capture a record of when the drops are occurring in case this might help VM to trace and resolve the fault. Seems like a great tool to have at my disposal, but I'm just having an issue getting it to work for me.

I'm not in any way demanding or expecting help, and I'm sorry if you got that impression. I just though I'd mention it in case (in the spirit of a community forum) someone might know what was causing it. It seemed odd to me that the monitor should be showing red (indicating a ping drop) even though my broadband was up, and I though this might be of interest to someone.

You tell me that I already know about a well known quirk with VM hubs that causes this, but actually I didn't, so thanks for letting me know, I'll see if I can find out more about it.

Apologies again for posting here.

Edited by Werewhelk (Tue 11-Jun-19 13:33:25)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 11-Jun-19 14:33:25
Print Post

[re: Werewhelk] [link to this post]

smile
I wasn't offended, just didn't see the point of the thread as I didn't have this further information, so apologies on my part for seeming to criticise when you have a valid problem.

There have been several threads on these forums about the BQM just turning solid red on VM lines and with you referring to finding one (somewhere) that a solution had been suggested for the HH3 I assumed you had found some of them.

You're right that it is a great tool for exactly the problem you have. Many people on xDSL lines use it for that - for help with diagnosis and evidence to give their provider.

I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions for what may be causing your actual broadband drops. Have you tried browsing through the VM forum on here? I don't see any obvious related threads, but maybe asking there about the drops might trigger a response from someone who can help?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User Brunel
(experienced) Tue 23-Jul-19 21:44:23
Print Post

[re: Werewhelk] [link to this post]

Stopped exactly 15:00 today, showing all red, HUB 3
Broadband still fully operative, nothing showing on Hub Network Log. Same I.P.
Rebooted HUB, all back to normal.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to