General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User thomaswarne01
(member) Sun 07-Jul-19 22:55:32
Print Post

Wan Ping Disabling?

[link to this post]

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same,
Friend of mine has BT Business ADSL, and is using the supplied BT Business SmartHub
To allow the TBB Ping monitor to work, I have ticked the box in the BTBHub firewall settings to enable ping respond on WAN, after a week or two somehow it goes back to being disabled and TBB Monitor displaying RED, this has happened numerous times now, and the whole point of it being a thing is so I can diagnose a line fault remotely, not keep going back to site to re-enable the ping, and as soon as I enable the ping again the graph starts working, and before this is asked, there is no IP change as they have static.
Anyone able to shed a light on this one?

Also using own router is not an option ATM as they have BT Business 4G assure which is managed by the Hub.

Thanks.

BT FTTP, 74Mbps down, 20Mbps up
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 07-Jul-19 23:12:46
Print Post

Re: Wan Ping Disabling?

[re: thomaswarne01] [link to this post]

Software in the router deciding that the constant pinging is a 'threat' and shutting it down,

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Tue 09-Jul-19 11:50:06
Print Post

Re: Wan Ping Disabling?

[re: thomaswarne01] [link to this post]

I have a BT Smart Hub on VDSL/FTTC and static IP and no issue with the setting - it is ON and stays that way. It receives both IPv4 and v6 pings from teh TBB monitor.

Are you saving the config - I guess you are.

Have you considered creating a backup of the hub settings and then getting your friend to do a reload? Or even just switch teh setting back on?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to