General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MiniVixen
(newbie) Tue 20-Aug-19 19:41:00
Print Post

Whats going on here? Strange red blocks...

[link to this post]

Hello, I've been having issues with my internet recently (intermittent drop outs from all wired and wireless devices and lag/high ping and packet loss while gaming online)

I'm with Virgin and have the Hub3. I set up the BQM yesterday evening but am not sure how to read the results. I'm assuming this isn't normal though. Can anyone help me out and read what is going on with my connection? (ignore the large red block between the hours of 1.30am and 8.45am, the hub was off for the night. It has been on at all other times)

I'll try and post the live link below.

Thanks

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 20-Aug-19 20:04:43
Print Post

Re: Whats going on here? Strange red blocks...

[re: MiniVixen] [link to this post]

Could just be the superhubs habit of ignoring ping requests for periods of time

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User MiniVixen
(newbie) Tue 20-Aug-19 21:44:44
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Okay, I did just read about unchecking the flood detection box so I'll try that.

Any ideas what's going on with my connection besides that? I need to ring virgin tomorrow and it would be extremely helpful if I had a clue of what the issue could be... seeing as they obviously are none the wiser *sigh*

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 20-Aug-19 23:10:11
Print Post

[re: MiniVixen] [link to this post]

The spiking might just be the effect of others using their cable service in the area

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to