General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dan784
(newbie) Thu 13-Aug-20 11:14:59
Print Post

BQM suddenly stopped working - no ip change?

[link to this post]

Hi all my BQM suddenly stopped working this morning: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...

I've checked and the IP hasn't changed. This happened before any of us were up, so we didn't do anything to cause this. Any ideas?

Many thanks
Dan
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 13-Aug-20 12:16:47
Print Post

Re: BQM suddenly stopped working - no ip change?

[re: dan784] [link to this post]

Looks as though it started working again at about 11:15.

Did you work out what had happened?
Standard User dan784
(newbie) Thu 13-Aug-20 13:12:48
Print Post

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

So it has! How strange (though looks it started again bang on midday for me). Anyway, so no idea about that one.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Aug-20 00:15:08
Print Post

I would check that you are still on the same IP as what you added into the BQM, try using IPv4 Address due to that changes less often than IPv6.

When it stopped working your IP might of changed and when it came back it "might" be somebody else's connection.

Paul

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 14-Aug-20 00:32:52
Print Post

Is the IP address IPv4 or IPv6?

I'm asking because thinkbroadband accessed with properly implemented IPv6 picks up the address of the device you are using. Unlike most with single IPv4 address systems where it is the router that has that address and the attached devices have NAT plus router-issued LAN addresses, so tbb gets the router address as required by BQM.

Turn off the device or remove it from internet access and the BQM is pinging thin air.

On IPv6 you need to use the WAN IPv6 address of the router, substituting at setup time (or editing later) it into the BQM adddress field.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connection - Three B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up. 1+ 8 Pro max 80Mbps down, 24Mbps up.
=========================
To argue with a mindless bigot is foolish.

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 14-Aug-20 00:34:04)

Standard User dan784
(newbie) Fri 14-Aug-20 16:07:49
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hello thanks both it is a standard ipv4 address. I cannot find my ipv6 address, either through a website or router. Any ideas where I get this?
  Print Thread

Jump to