General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User madmanx
(learned) Wed 02-Sep-20 13:46:20
Print Post

Virgin

[link to this post]

Hi I wonder if anybody can help, basically I'm with virgin and had a broadband quality monitor running for 5 years and my ip never changed, but last night my ip changed and so i set up a new monitor, but when I look at my old ip monitor its still runnung and showing information?

I thought that the old ip address monitor would show a sea of red? How can the old monitor be working when it's not my ip anymore?
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Sep-20 13:59:15
Print Post

Re: Virgin

[re: madmanx] [link to this post]

If the IP has been assigned to someone else who has a router that will respond to pings then it will keep going. IPs are reused and therefore this isn't that much of a surprise. No real security issue but I believe you can just turn the old monitor off which will stop it.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Sep-20 15:48:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by madmanx:
Hi I wonder if anybody can help, basically I'm with virgin and had a broadband quality monitor running for 5 years and my ip never changed, but last night my ip changed and so i set up a new monitor, but when I look at my old ip monitor its still runnung and showing information?

I would use DDNS instead of the IP, as most ISPs (including Virgin) can change the IP you are assigned at any time. I'm not sure what the various versions of SuperHub and Hub 3 and Hub 4 support, as I use mine in modem mode, and my separate router updates the DDNS.

20 years of broadband connectivity since 1999 trial - Live BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 03-Sep-20 09:29:16
Print Post

Time to delete the old monitor then

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to