General Discussion
  >> Broadband Quality Monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Sat 07-Nov-20 11:34:11
Print Post

BQM and Fritzbox 7530

[link to this post]

Anyone got this working?

Trying to get to the bottom of an issue that occurs randomly during my working day when I lose connectivity to some systems at work but colleagues don't.

I'd like to see if there's any packet loss which I can then speak to Zen about.

Fritzbox is running 07.21 and firewall is not set to stealth.

I set it up but get nothing on either v4 or v6

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale) => Xilo (TT Wholesale due to O2 Wholesale closure) => Zen LLU =>> ZeN FTTP (100 Mbps down, 18 Mbps up)
Router: Fritzbox 7530

Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.

Edited by techguy (Sat 07-Nov-20 11:35:00)

Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 07-Nov-20 12:21:25
Print Post

Re: BQM and Fritzbox 7530

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

I've seen a number of users with this working on this model.

If Zen have their own monitoring enabled then the Fritzbox's often block the pings.
They can be very sensitive and detect the router is being flooded with pings and drop the packets without responding.
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Sat 07-Nov-20 15:58:21
Print Post

Re: BQM and Fritzbox 7530

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

Thanks for replying.

Looks like I was being a bit impatient

it'd working now, I'd imagine TBB's BQM boxes are working overtime at the moment, I guess it just took a while to provision.

Now just got to see what happens on Monday.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale) => Xilo (TT Wholesale due to O2 Wholesale closure) => Zen LLU =>> ZeN FTTP (100 Mbps down, 18 Mbps up)
Router: Fritzbox 7530

Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to