User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User fernandez
(committed) Tue 25-Mar-14 13:27:41
Print Post

Re: BT Pricing Question

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
In reply to a post by fernandez:
I really am in the same position as the OP as the bill states that the broadbamd cost is £17.03 then a discount of £8.52 is showing so I I'm effectively charged £8.51.

The £17.03 price is mentioned here ("Previously available Standard Packages", page 43):

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/asset...

I don't ever recall seeing that price on the main sales pages though, or hearing word of a price increase.
[/quote

The fact remains that I (and the OP) joined at the advertised price of £16/month - in my case at half-price (£8/month) for 12 months. Then without warning this is increased to £17.03/month
AFAIK a contract for £16/month is simply that
BT has NEVER advertised or offered a package at the very odd amount of £17.03/month.
Beats me how they arrive at these whimsical figures or do they make it up as they go along?

Edited by fernandez (Tue 25-Mar-14 13:29:01)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 25-Mar-14 13:45:06
Print Post

Good find! I've used the same doc to confirm my legacy Unlimited Anytime Plan. There are some interesting facts to be gleaned from it.

The OP's product appears as the 2nd line of the 'Previously available Standard Packages' table but fernandez's isn't in that table but still in the 'Currently available Standard Packages' table but w/out any price increase.

@ fernandez: You should write to them to complain, refer to this doc and ask what justification for raising your charge.

The OP's product is not the same as the product currently on sale. The Calling Plan component of the OP is 'Unlimited Weekend Plan' whereas the current product's is 'Unlimited Weekend Calls'. A subtle diff but the same diff that enables me to get my 'Unlimited Anytime Plan' for £5.48 rather than the current £7 for 'Unlimited Anytime Calls'.

This 6.4% price increase is exactly the same as that applied to my phone Calling Plan but in that case the equiv. current product on offer is considerably more expensive. This all must be part of the price increases of early Jan, when we were all sent an email in Oct linked to a doc detailing these increases, but I've lost that link.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 25-Mar-14 14:03:36
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
This 6.4% price increase is exactly the same as that applied to my phone Calling Plan but in that case the equiv. current product on offer is considerably more expensive. This all must be part of the price increases of early Jan, when we were all sent an email in Oct linked to a doc detailing these increases, but I've lost that link.

So BT applied a 6.4% increase across the board to existing customers, even those under contract, whilst leaving the price for new customer joining exactly the same product* untouched? Way to go BT. Might be allowed under the T&C, will certainly not endear them to anyone.

* Unless of course there is a different between Unlimited Weekend Calls and Unlimited Weekend Plan worth paying 6.4% more for.

Oliver.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 25-Mar-14 14:10:03
Print Post

Re: BT Pricing Question *DELETED*

Post deleted by RobertoS
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 25-Mar-14 14:44:39
Print Post

* Unless of course there is a different between Unlimited Weekend Calls and Unlimited Weekend Plan worth paying 6.4% more for.

Actually, maybe that is it. Of course many might have preferred the higher call prices over the increase in rental, especially as weekend plan/calls customers are likely to use their landline for calls very little, if ever.

Unlimited Weekend Plan
Calls up to 1 hour 8.95 / 1.18 / 0
Calls thereafter 8.95 / 1.18 / 8.95

Unlimited Weekend Calls
Calls up to 1 hour 9 / 9 / 0
Calls thereafter 9 / 9 / 9

Oliver.
Standard User boranatty
(newbie) Tue 25-Mar-14 17:33:19
Print Post

BT explained that the W/E calling plan is a free added extra so there even if you do not want or use it,I do not use BT for any calls but send my calls out over VOIP which cost me £10 for 120 days for unlimited UK calls plus some overseas calls

The question is who do you move to for unlimited once the contract is up for BT,I did think of Plusnet (I know they are BT owned) but I am seeing more and more complaints re their call handling times, I have at least a year before there is any chance of FTTC/FTTH
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 25-Mar-14 17:37:00
Print Post

[re: boranatty] [link to this post]

I'm happy with Sky LLU. Aside from Plusnet, you have to be willing to leave BT WLR phone for the best deals on Sky & Talktalk. Sky's customer service is better than Talktalk.

Oliver.
Standard User boranatty
(newbie) Tue 25-Mar-14 17:38:44
Print Post

I'm happy with Sky LLU. Aside from Plusnet, you have to be willing to leave BT WLR phone for the best deals on Sky & Talktalk. Sky's customer service is better than Talktalk.

Nice thought but no LLU at our exchange
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 25-Mar-14 17:52:15
Print Post

Plusnet forum responses, particularly on the "in-house" ones, is pretty good, and the reps are way above the phone Tier 1 guys as well.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 25-Mar-14 17:52:38
Print Post

In reply to a post by boranatty:
Nice thought but no LLU at our exchange

BT or Plusnet then. Or if unlimited isn't a priority, browse some of the smaller providers on the forum.

Oliver.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to