User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User epyon
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 29-Aug-16 03:45:55
Print Post

Re: BT - HH 6 feedbacks

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Well after 6 or 7 weeks of being stable last night the wireless stopped working

couldn't log into gui via ethernet

had to hard reset now it seems fine again.

BT Infinity 2 - 80/20
BT Infinity 2 Speedtest *Smart Hub*
BT Mobile - 4G
BT Mobile 4G Speedtest *Huawei PLK-L01*

Edited by epyon (Mon 29-Aug-16 03:46:20)

Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 29-Aug-16 03:54:14
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by epyon:
Well after 6 or 7 weeks of being stable last night the wireless stopped working

couldn't log into gui via ethernet

had to hard reset now it seems fine again.

Well our connection hasn't been good since we moved over to BT, was no issues when we was with Zen, sadly younger brother took his Zen connection with him when he moved out.

It might just be a coincidence its playing up, but, it becomes annoying when because the BT Hub cannot connect to a server on BT's network it drops the connection even though it might be their server at fault and the connection was fine, and this dropping of our connection then results in a slower and slower speed each time it drops and reconnects.
And having this happen every several seconds is worse LOL and also annoying at the same time.

I am hoping our FTTP install over the next 10 days goes without a hitch and the Smart Hub and the ONT work great together, else I can see myself buying a new router/modem to connect to the ONT.

Paul
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 29-Aug-16 09:57:30
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Worth noting the smarthub is not provided to ADSL customers and there are plenty of people complaining it has issues on ADSL.

ADSL customers still get the hub 4.

So before you pass judgement see how it works on fibre which is what it is designed for.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User epyon
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 29-Aug-16 15:40:44
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

And again today a full lock up q_q

looks like i may be phoning for a replacement or maybe even just buy myself a new router but there doesn't seem to be anything that great for an all in one box.

BT Infinity 2 - 80/20
BT Infinity 2 Speedtest *Smart Hub*
BT Mobile - 4G
BT Mobile 4G Speedtest *Huawei PLK-L01*
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 29-Aug-16 16:34:05
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
Worth noting the smarthub is not provided to ADSL customers and there are plenty of people complaining it has issues on ADSL.

So before you pass judgement see how it works on fibre which is what it is designed for.
Wasn't that what I said I was going to do.

Hopefully Openreach have really resolved the issue they have had and on the 31st the first (external work) visit goes well and on the 7th the second (internal work) visit also goes well.

Don't get me wrong, I really did like the Smart Hub, it's GUI was more responsive than the HH4, granted there was loads of bugs that really need to be ironed out, so

Also some of the issues that I was having might not happen with our FTTP due to the ONT doing that part of the work.

I will report those issues that I did have and see to BT to pass on when I speak to them next.

Paul
Standard User Alnath
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 30-Aug-16 12:36:00
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:

My mate got a Smart Hub last week and he is only signed up for ADSL.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to