User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Thu 09-Feb-17 22:13:34
Print Post

BT Price Rise Advice

[link to this post]

A quick one, for all of those affected by the Price Rises it is worth giving BT retentions a few calls. On my 3rd call they offered me a decent deal:

Infinity 1, Line Rental, BT TV Entertainment Max (ie sports and HD channels) for £38pm. 12 month contract.

No need for the TalkTalk switch now smile
Standard User deleted
(deleted) Fri 10-Feb-17 19:26:53
Print Post

Re: BT Price Rise Advice

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Cheers for the post.

I got my price rise e-mail 3 days after I had disconnected.

laugh
Standard User LadFromWales85
(committed) Fri 10-Feb-17 23:06:10
Print Post

I'm experiencing the opposite!
I signed up on Tuesday, and on Wednesday they dropped the monthly by a fiver and increased the reward card by £25!
Called them up in the morning to cancel (and reorder later/following day) but the chap I was speaking to agreed to drop my package price by £7 to account for the drop in monthly and increase in reward card.
Tuesday, £34.99/12m and £125 reward card
Wednesday £29.99/12m and £150 reward card

So dropping my monthly to £27.99 brings it very close, and shouldn't effect my quidco, in theory.
Let's not mention that quidco cashback has now since increased from £80 to £110...!

AAISP 80/20

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User deleted
(deleted) Sat 11-Feb-17 12:21:22
Print Post

[re: LadFromWales85] [link to this post]

Well it's down to BT if it does or not - after all the deal you have now is not the deal you took out through them.
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 11-Feb-17 14:57:34
Print Post

[re: deleted] [link to this post]

I called them today and got a £6 increase turned into a £12 decrease fixed for 24 months. smile

BT Infinity 1 (unlimited)
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sat 11-Feb-17 16:12:30
Print Post

[re: gomezz] [link to this post]

Only ever used BT for LR and calls , the last time the price increased i left , and never looked back
(committed) Sat 11-Feb-17 17:51:46
Print Post

[re: deleted] [link to this post]

No idea how it all works internally with the cashback. As the order from placement to completion has taken place entirely with no need to contact them by other means, it should still pay out. I don't know if for whatever reason BT won't pay out the cashback by changing my discount after connection. Tbh I'd rather risk losing the cashback than cancelling and reordering, as I've seen things go wrong when people have done that!
Of course, I wish I 'gambled' and waited til the offer ran out to see what it was the following day, save this hassle, but oh well! smile

@gomezz nice! As long as you'll be happy staying with them 24 months it's not a problem, as you can leave the contract early without penalty if they increase prices beyond what you are happy with down the line!
What deal did you get?

AAISP 80/20

Edited by LadFromWales85 (Sat 11-Feb-17 17:53:21)

Standard User Alnath
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 11-Feb-17 17:58:55
Print Post

I looked in my online account and there was an offer of Infinity 2 and line rental for £33
(committed) Sat 11-Feb-17 18:15:41
Print Post

[re: Alnath] [link to this post]

If I go to bt.com/myoffers with my mums account she gets an offer of Infinity 2 inc rental for £37.49 over 18 months.
It seems the link within your myBT now directs there so the offer you've got will probably be the same whichever way you get to the page.

Still, Infinity 2 and rental for £33! Nice!

AAISP 80/20
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Sat 11-Feb-17 19:55:56
Print Post

[re: Alnath] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Alnath:
I looked in my online account and there was an offer of Infinity 2 and line rental for £33
The deals by retentions are slightly better, but only once you ask to speak with the manager (in my experience).

Edited by ukhardy07 (Sat 11-Feb-17 19:56:12)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to