User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Fri 30-Jun-17 13:15:11
Print Post

Re: Kafkaesque Nightmare - Infinity Migration

[re: kafkaesque] [link to this post]

Generally speaking if that team is advising an action there is usually some merit behind it. Perhaps certain checks were not run the first time.

Also I struggle to see how this would get resolved in the absence of an engineer.

It is worth noting that BTs usernames and passwords are generic to all users, ie every user has the same one (for residential). Therefore it seems unlikely it would be an authentication issue in the sense of a username / password and more likely something at the exchange.

Edited by ukhardy07 (Fri 30-Jun-17 13:15:41)

Standard User kafkaesque
(newbie) Fri 30-Jun-17 13:18:40
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

But, as I have had two engineers already -what are the odds of something being missed by both engineers - quite unlikely I expect. Otherwise, it suggests that a high number of BT engineers are inept....

I am sorry re my cynicism, but I am sure you can understand that with no service after 11 days, and requests for engineers to duplicate the same tests, it is to be expected that I see no end to this issue!
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Fri 30-Jun-17 13:37:50
Print Post

The reality of the situation is without engineer visits this will most likely not be resolved. With one of my prior faults I had 4 engineers, we got there in the end.

Worth noting not every engineer is the same. I would work with BT to get an engineer out ASAP and if that fails no doubt a further engineer will need to be booked. Eventually the issue will be identified and resolved. It is not a case of every engineer pops out and does the exact same job as the guy before, if there was only one engineer to do one set of things every case would be resolved in 1 job.

Now your case is being handled by one person they can follow it through to completion without you repeating the same issue over and over.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 961a
(member) Fri 30-Jun-17 14:05:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by kafkaesque:
But, as I have had two engineers already -what are the odds of something being missed by both engineers - quite unlikely I expect. Otherwise, it suggests that a high number of BT engineers are inept....

I am sorry re my cynicism, but I am sure you can understand that with no service after 11 days, and requests for engineers to duplicate the same tests, it is to be expected that I see no end to this issue!

Having involved the ceo's complaints team you must surely give them the chance to fix the problem

The way they will do that is to start at the beginning and check item by item until they identify the fault and rectify it. Which they will do

It may seem to you that they are treading ground that has been gone over more than once before. That will be correct, but obviously someone made a mistake and someone else failed to identify it when checking. These guys will pursue the difficulty until they find and rectify it just as they found my problem in a similar situation

The quicker you agree to them getting on with the plan they have to fix things the faster you'll have your broadband working. Remember if you have no broadband now it won't magic itself back until someone identifies the problem and corrects it

I am totally aware how infuriating all this is, and I well understand you are spitting feathers. That's why I bothered to suggest a solution that will, in the end, work. Please let them proceed with good grace. Give them grief, it will take longer
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 30-Jun-17 14:09:18
Print Post

In reply to a post by kafkaesque:

Its because those checks was done before the Complaints Team and CEO got involved.

So they will be dealing with the issue and will get direct information from the engineer(s) whereas the information before might of not been 100% accurate, a bit like Chinese Whisper.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | BQM #4 Linksys WRT 3200 ACM
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 30-Jun-17 14:10:59
Print Post

[re: 961a] [link to this post]

I agree 100% there.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | BQM #4 Linksys WRT 3200 ACM
Standard User kafkaesque
(newbie) Fri 30-Jun-17 14:38:24
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Thanks for all the comments - appreciate the interest in my situation.

The engineer is due to attend tomorrow (now no need for property access) - fingers cross I can report back some good news tomorrow.

Once again, thanks for the suggestions/support on this.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Fri 30-Jun-17 14:57:54
Print Post

No problem, this team always get the issues resolved in my experience. I have yet to see anybody walk away unhappy.

From my own experience they are the best support team of all the major providers and they do follow up, chase and keep persisting until the issue is resolved.
Standard User 961a
(member) Fri 30-Jun-17 15:00:14
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
No problem, this team always get the issues resolved in my experience. I have yet to see anybody walk away unhappy.

From my own experience they are the best support team of all the major providers and they do follow up, chase and keep persisting until the issue is resolved.

+1
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 30-Jun-17 18:50:59
Print Post

The first engineer was from BT Boost

Oh dear.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to