User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User starz
(newbie) Wed 12-Dec-18 23:04:01
Print Post

BT Smart hub 2 and complete home wifi

[link to this post]

Hi All,

Today took delivery of new BT Smart hub 2 and a single complete home WiFi disk.

Results look promising, the upstairs bedroom was a wifi dead zone, but not anymore, using the My BT app on my iphone, it locates the perfect place to put your disk, and you can buy more, from amazon or BT shop.

It was easy to set up both hub and disk, less than 5 minuets total, so if like me anyone is suffering dead areas, these combo should cure it.

I had to take out new 18 month contract to get new gear ( BT shop has hub listed at £200 ) but happy now, getting solid 75Mbps down, and 18Mbps up
Standard User starz
(newbie) Sat 19-Jan-19 22:21:40
Print Post

Re: BT Smart hub 2 and complete home wifi

[re: starz] [link to this post]

Update for everyone.
Don't buy the white disks from either BT shop, nor Amazon, they are not compatible with the new smart hub 2 to enable wifi mesh.
A good point, the simple task of ringing BT lets you get more disks for free (you are allowed 3 )
Sorry for any confusion.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 25-Jan-19 22:31:19
Print Post

I've looked at the complete package with the mesh wifi as I want to turn my loft into an office without worrying about wires or powerline. Thanks for the insight.

Edit - on the back of reading this I did actually order the package - also I think I got the gift card too - thumbs up for that - thank you for posting Starz smile

I like the fact we can get 2 more discs for free - Might be worth having 3 even in a 4 bed house rather than just the 1

Edited by 23Prince (Fri 25-Jan-19 23:18:16)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User starz
(newbie) Sat 26-Jan-19 21:50:43
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Your are very welcome

To get all three black disks for free, you'll need to ring BT three times, as for some daft reason, they are only allowed to send them one at a time, unless its different if you place order which includes all three at once, I only got one disk with my order, might have changed now,

Edited by starz (Sat 26-Jan-19 21:56:24)

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 26-Jan-19 22:15:54
Print Post

It has - until they ended the price deal you could get 3 at once but now it's only 1 at a time.

Seems silly. They charge for postage after all first time so might as well just bundle them all in.
  Print Thread

Jump to