User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Mar-19 15:17:25
Print Post

Surely NOT going to be an Engineer visit?

[link to this post]

Have just signed up for BT Business Broadband for a village hall; this is ADSL, not FFTC/FTTP.

BT have emailed saying that "We'll be connecting your landline and broadband on Mon 18 Mar, all services will be activated by midnight that day.

Then when you click to confirm I was sent a checklist which required a power socket near to the Master Socket for the Engineer to connect to.

I did not expect an Engineer visit, wonder why one needs to come?

Cheers!

Clive

Andrews & Arnold FTTC DrayTek Vigor 2762ac Cisco PAP2T and HUAWEI E5776 with O2 Data SIM
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Mar-19 18:22:04
Print Post

Re: Surely NOT going to be an Engineer visit?

[re: Ancient_Mariner] [link to this post]

Have they actually pencilled in an appointment date and time Clive ?

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 07-Mar-19 19:13:56
Print Post

[re: Ancient_Mariner] [link to this post]

Has the hall already got a phone line, and if so did you order for that number?

I wonder if business broadband from BT always gets an engineer install? Because of the SLA etc.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Mar-19 19:46:14
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

No date and time for an engineer appointment. Just this 'request' that the Engineer can access the master socket and mains socket. In fact now that I have accepted by clicking, this section is no longer visible. To me it seems more appropriate for a FTTP install.

I will query it in a few days once the Hub has arrived etc.

In fact from the conversation I had with Business sales, once we have the service I can then request that the Master Socket is moved to a different location in the building. A new dropwire to the facia board under the guttering and a drop down and through the wall into the office on the first floor.

What did amaze me was the cost of BT Business Broadband. £22.00 + VAT for a basic line and ADSL, Hub Delivery of £8.50 (I think) and a £28.50 setting up charge - I don't think that includes VAT, so £34.20.

The village hall already had a BT line, but had been provisioned as Residential.

Cheers!

Clive

Andrews & Arnold FTTC DrayTek Vigor 2762ac Cisco PAP2T and HUAWEI E5776 with O2 Data SIM
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Mar-19 19:48:58
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

The village hall already had a BT line, but had been provisioned as Residential. The number is being retained. In fact sales said that I would be getting a message advising that the line was being taken over, (from Residential to Business).

What did amaze me was the cost of BT Business Broadband. £22.00 + VAT for a basic line and ADSL, Hub Delivery of £8.50 (I think) and a £28.50 setting up charge - I don't think that includes VAT, so £34.20.

Cheers!

Cheers!

Clive

Print Thread

Jump to