User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 16-Mar-19 15:48:44
Print Post

BT are a bit keen...

[link to this post]

I'm not due to renew until July, yet am already getting emails asking me to choose a new package

Your first broadband contract with us is ending soon. And because we'd love you to stay, we've created an exciting new deal, just for you.
It's easy to see your deal just log in with your BT ID:
Then you can sit back and carry on enjoying all the things (and savings) you love, without the hassle of switching.

How kind and when I see the offer, I am gobsmacked - it is the same price as my current deal! But really do I need to pay £42.99 a month for something Zen are charging £38.99 with a new router; IDNET £40 (new Billion router optional); Sky Max £27 and locked down router.

I haven't been with Zen or IDNET before, but have been with O2 LLU and Sky Fibre.

Steve
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sat 16-Mar-19 18:47:09
Print Post

Re: BT are a bit keen...

[re: blfamily] [link to this post]

I am not too sure if you are including the line rental with those quotes.

I always phone up BT when our contract is near end, and I have always got a very good deal.
I have also phoned up 2 months before the contract was up, we agreed on a good price and I agreed to the x months contract, and as soon as the old contract finished the new agreed one automatically started.

So you could phone them up and see what deal you can get, if you are not happy with the price they give you then you can always ask them if they can do a better deal, it does pay off some times.

If at the end of the phone call and you are still not happy, you can always try a different provider.

We chose BT due to they gave us a very very good deal at the time and still do, so while this lasts we will stay with BT.

Paul

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 17-Mar-19 15:20:22
Print Post

[re: blfamily] [link to this post]

Only doing what Which? and other campaigners want, i.e. to contact you before or at end of fixed term when prices usually go up so you remember to look for a better deal. Of course the existing ISP will be keen to do a deal that locks you in for another 12 or 18 months

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Storm_Force
(member) Sun 17-Mar-19 21:09:14
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Best off ringing them I find that's the best way to get a good deal. Currently paying £24.99 unlimited infinity inc line rental with 18 months contract (I have been with them for almost 20 years)
Standard User Malwaremike
(committed) Mon 18-Mar-19 10:31:18
Print Post

[re: Storm_Force] [link to this post]

Even cheaper with Plusnet, same package costs about £22. Suggest you ask BT to match these quotes, otherwise you're on your way.
  Print Thread

Jump to