User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User corsa57
(regular) Sat 18-May-19 09:49:34
Print Post

Ultrafast Broadband

[link to this post]

From a previous post I saw a link to a Openreach page and a sign up for interest in Ultrafst Broadband.
I have just had an email from Openreach that states the following,

Your address is part of our Ultrafast fibre rollout programme. We'll keep you updated throughout the process as your address progresses through our build plan.

These are the details we have passed on to our technical team to get started.

Am I being overoptimistic in thinking that this means that an upgrade to this service is imminent or is this just a standard email that is sent out?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 18-May-19 10:44:59
Print Post

Re: Ultrafast Broadband

[re: corsa57] [link to this post]

Without knowing where in the UK impossible to say, since some areas are in the process of having ultrafast broadband rolled out (might be G.fast or FTTP)

NOTE: When ultrafast is rolled out the upgrade is NOT automatic

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User corsa57
(regular) Sat 18-May-19 10:52:09
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thank you for your reply Mr Saffron.

Exchange is DORNIE served by cabinet 2, IV40 post code.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 18-May-19 11:31:35
Print Post

[re: corsa57] [link to this post]

Too small to be part of FTTP Fibre First roll-out
Cabinet too small for G.fast

Only hope would be continuing work from old Scottish BDUK contract - but that is almost over so seems unlikely.
R100 the next set of contracts are yet to be awarded and if you have superfast available now is irrelevant to you (and BT may not get contract)

So I'l say the chances are very low of seeing ultrafast rollout in the next few years

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User alwall
(committed) Sat 18-May-19 12:56:00
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I've had a similar reply
Your address is part of our Ultrafast fibre rollout programme. We'll keep you updated throughout the process as your address progresses through our build plan.

Central Gloucester Cab 9

BTBroadband
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 18-May-19 15:27:18
Print Post

[re: alwall] [link to this post]

In the case of Gloucester probability of being a Fibre First exchange is a lot higher, but with no announcement adding it to the list impossible to know if it really is, or if 2021 or 2024

Print Thread

Jump to