User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User arendall667
(member) Tue 04-Jun-19 16:57:22
Print Post

New firmware and 14 day soft reboot

[link to this post]

Home hub 6A did it's 14 day reboot this morning and seems to picked up some new firmware as well.

Firmware version is SG4B1000E016 and the release date seems to be today (04/06/2019).

Noticed some small changes to the basic status page which now shows IP address, Gateway and DNS server IP addresses between network up time and system up time. The bit about the password not being used seems to have been removed as well.

Think the more advanced version now also shows signal attenuation under line attenuation.

Anyone know of any other changes and is there any way to stop this 14 day reboot other than changing to a non BT router?

Thanks

Anthony
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Wed 05-Jun-19 11:23:55
Print Post

Re: New firmware and 14 day soft reboot

[re: arendall667] [link to this post]

We only got the 14 day reboot back when I was on ADSL2+ using the HH4a.
When we were using our Smart Hub last, ours would last about a month or there about when it did its auto reboot.

But I am not aware of any way to stop the Smart Hub from doing its scheduled reboot, might be an issue on your connection and it needed to do some tweaks.

BTW what type of connection are you using it on, I know our Smart Hub didn't like our ADSL 2+ connection.

We removed our Smart Hub due to there was way too many issues with ours, like displaying NaN for the amount of data transferred, this was due to the number was too large to be displayed, also the Smart Hub would grind to a near halt / sluggish when the connection was being used.

Also the fact there was no place to report these issues to, BT would say they would pass the info of the issue on, but they never did.

So its now in its box and now using a Linksys and now seems fine and was last rebooted by me almost 3 months (10th March 2019) ago.

And any issues I have had with this Linksys router I have reported and have received a response within a 3 to 9 hours.

Paul

BTBroadband - Ultrafast Fibre 2 Plus + FVA
Exchange Name: Ilford Central (LNILC) Cabinet: 24
TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest (Single Threaded) | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Standard User wolvesmad
(knowledge is power) Wed 05-Jun-19 12:00:38
Print Post

It arrived on mine on Sunday. Came home to a solid green light on the Hub and no SSID being transmitted. I factory reset it and spotted the new firmware version.

It seems fine, not noticed any performance issues.

-

BT Fibre Unlimited 55|10Mb

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dsergeant
(member) Wed 05-Jun-19 18:25:19
Print Post

In reply to a post by arendall667:
Anyone know of any other changes and is there any way to stop this 14 day reboot other than changing to a non BT router?

Thanks

Anthony

Yeh, my Billion 8800NL R2 is currently 223 days since its last reboot and the internet connection has been up for 88 days. When I last used the Hub 6 it would reboot like clockwork every 14 days.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 05-Jun-19 22:28:29
Print Post

The HH6B does not have the 14 day reboots, but the wireless seemed slightly worse in range.
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Wed 05-Jun-19 23:48:05
Print Post

No 14 day reboots here either. Currently 26 days, 6 hours 18 minutes.

However I suspect my Hub 6A will reboot in the next week as I don't think I've seen more than 35 days between reboots.

I'm still on firmware version: SG4B1000B540 which was updated on 15-May-2018.
Standard User bowdon
(committed) Thu 06-Jun-19 00:25:43
Print Post

I got the update recently too.

On the 14 day reboot I noticed just prior to the update the 14 day reboot didn't happen. I nearly made it to 30 days before the firmware reboot happened. Then 24 hours later the network part went down, then came back up.

I'll have to see if it starts rebooting again. I'm on day 5 so far.

FTTC connection here.

BT Infinity 2 - ECI Cabinet
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Thu 06-Jun-19 12:05:02
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MCM:
No 14 day reboots here either. Currently 26 days, 6 hours 18 minutes.

However I suspect my Hub 6A will reboot in the next week as I don't think I've seen more than 35 days between reboots.

I'm still on firmware version: SG4B1000B540 which was updated on 15-May-2018.

That seems about right for when I last tried our Smart Hub (rev 6A) give or take a few days.

Not sure what version ours has.

Paul

BTBroadband - Ultrafast Fibre 2 Plus + FVA
Exchange Name: Ilford Central (LNILC) Cabinet: 24
TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest (Single Threaded) | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
  Print Thread

Jump to