User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Analogue_Alex
(newbie) Tue 15-Oct-19 00:54:08
Print Post

BT TV Starter/Classic (basic) package and YouView

[link to this post]

Hi, I just wanted to check that I've got this right - the BT TV Starter or Classic package (the product names seem to be used interchangeably) for £5 a month provides you with the AMC channel, access to the BT Store for pay-per-view movies, and the possibility of subscribing to other 'bolt-on' subscriptions such as the Entertainment package, BT Sport package or Sky Cinema package.

But on it's own, what does this £5 a month buy you? It appears to just be the AMC channel. Am I missing anything?
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 15-Oct-19 10:52:29
Print Post

Re: BT TV Starter/Classic (basic) package and YouView

[re: Analogue_Alex] [link to this post]

I can't find that specific package at that price (I think it depends on what you already have) but I think you'll find it includes the BT TV freeview box that allows you to record - at the end of the contract you could cancel the contract and just get freeview but continue to use the freeview box for no cost.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 15-Oct-19 12:25:11
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Using this link

It looks like its the Freeview box AMC SD/HD and BT Sport 1,2,3 and ESPN on Starter, think it is just a tuner/VOD box rather than full PVT

The Classic version does mention a PVR and storing 300 hours of TV

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 16-Oct-19 23:34:06
Print Post

[re: Analogue_Alex] [link to this post]

AMC, BT Sport and a BT branded Humax DTR-T2100 500GB Youview box.

The Youview box alone is worth more than the TV subscription cost over the 18 months contract.
  Print Thread

Jump to