User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User wildgoose1uk
(regular) Sat 18-Jul-20 14:32:39
Print Post

Dropouts

[link to this post]

For some time my signal has been dropping out, now it is happening several times a day. Up to now I have assumed it was due to the Lockdown and the numbers of people spending extra time online.

However, having found nothing on the forums complaining of dropouts I am now beginning to wonder if it is something whilst. BT say it all looks OK on their end.

Have people been experiencing similar or is it a fault and if a fault then what should I be looking for?

Standard User B31
(member) Sat 18-Jul-20 14:57:34
Print Post

Re: Dropouts

[re: wildgoose1uk] [link to this post]

Been having some issues on FTTP off Priory Exchange - one of my neighbours has had similar issues.

Video conferencing has been painful at times with yellow and red signal status shown in skype, plus audio cutting out.

RDP to work computers has been slow too - sometimes taking as long as 30 seconds to re-draw the screen after it changes.

Also on mobile devices, images don’t always load on twitter etc, have to drop to 4G to see them.

I assumed contention at the exchange given all the remote workers.

Or possibly a dodgy firmware update on the router?

BT FTTP - Halo 1 Fibre 250.

New build estate that wasnt given anything Id call broadband. First four years 1.6 Mbps ADSL. Following two years, and after many openreach visits, 4.3 Mbps!
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sat 18-Jul-20 16:19:41
Print Post

I haven't noticed anything on our connection, we are on the Ilford Central (LNILC) Exchange and we are about a few miles (birds eye view) from Telehouse in London.

Paul

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 18-Jul-20 21:46:44
Print Post

FTTC/VDSL2 or FTTP?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Sun 19-Jul-20 00:20:43
Print Post

[re: B31] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by B31:
Been having some issues on FTTP off Priory Exchange - one of my neighbours has had similar issues.

Ahh you got fibre in the end huh, 'm still waiting in Kings Norton.

Matt - Using Huawei B535-323 on EE Unlimited

10 years in Technical Customer Service, Construction Trades and Administration - Now I'm a Furloughed Chef
(regular) Sun 19-Jul-20 08:10:02
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
FTTC/VDSL2 or FTTP?

FTTC/VDSL2

Standard User witchunt
(experienced) Sun 19-Jul-20 08:28:22
Print Post

What's dropping, wifi or internet. What router are you using and what are the lights showing when it drops.
(regular) Sun 19-Jul-20 10:31:01
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

That's a good question. I haven't noticed the lights on the router change but it's fairly well hidden. We see it drop on our phones, tablets and laptops but never for long enough to get to the router.

The router is a BT Smarthub.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 19-Jul-20 10:35:31
Print Post

A VDSL2 resync is usually 1 to 2 minutes, so that you don't see lights on router suggests this might be a wifi blip

Need to see the router lights/logs to see if the VDSL2 is dropping and reconnecting

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User B31
(member) Sun 19-Jul-20 12:13:29
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

Sorry to hear that 😕

BT FTTP - Halo 1 Fibre 250.

New build estate that wasnt given anything Id call broadband. First four years 1.6 Mbps ADSL. Following two years, and after many openreach visits, 4.3 Mbps!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to