User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User celad2001
(learned) Mon 17-Aug-20 18:09:03
Print Post

3 WEEKS BEFORE AN ENGINEER CAN FIX BROADBAND???

[link to this post]

my fttc broadband died this morning, phone still works,, flashing purple light, 1 hour on the phone in a queue to report the fault and am being told it will be 3 weeks before an engineer can look at the problem....i am working from home and i am desperate, i have tried complaining but to no effect...is this usual for bt to take 3 weeks to fix a fault,?? anyone any ideas how i can get this fixed, done all the usual stuff plugged in direct replaced the bt hub...help, i am not sure i will live 3 weeks without any connection even if my boss does not kill me..??
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 17-Aug-20 18:30:40
Print Post

Re: 3 WEEKS BEFORE AN ENGINEER CAN FIX BROADBAND???

[re: celad2001] [link to this post]

Maybe you can use a mobile phone as a Wifi hotspot. Smarty have quite good rates if you can access the Three network.

You can also complain loudly but it may not do you much good in the circumstances. If your employer is a large customer that may help.

Michael Chare
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 17-Aug-20 19:25:20
Print Post

There is automatic compensation that will be due, this is meant to try and speed up getting things fixed.

Some areas may have had issues with flooding that will be slowing down fault resolution. Worth checking what others in the area are seeing i.e. is it a wider fault such as cabinet was under 4 feet of water, or had a tree fall on it etc

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Mon 17-Aug-20 21:10:21
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Why can't the ISP give everyones backup dial up internet like old day but use 0800 instead for emercency only?

PN FTTC 80/20 since 2014
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 17-Aug-20 22:49:25
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

because dial-up internet is of no use these days.

HINT: There is a product called Halo that BT have, and can give you a 4G backup device.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 18-Aug-20 05:49:43
Print Post

There has been many electrical storms of late, swamping Openreach’s workload.

Standard User Firestorm2000
(newbie) Tue 18-Aug-20 09:27:32
Print Post

I would follow Mr Saffron's advice!

Check on your "My BT"

You may find BT Halo is a free upgrade. Well, it is for me... If you have a Broadband fault they send you a 4G Modem to use. It may well save your bacon!

BT Infinity 1, BT Smart Hub 2 80.0 mbs / 20.0 mbs
Standard User jpm
(regular) Tue 18-Aug-20 09:45:10
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

It's a solved problem, you can get a 4G device sent to you if you're on a plan with an ISP that includes it.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 18-Aug-20 10:32:09
Print Post

[re: jpm] [link to this post]

IIRC, on a BT Business connection the 4G router and its SIM are supplied at Day 1. If a business wants its home workers to have resilient connections the bosses should pay for them. Or at least the cost difference.

If the employee could go to work but chooses not to at the moment, that becomes debatable.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: 1+ 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
=========================
To argue with a mindless bigot is foolish.
Standard User celad2001
(learned) Tue 18-Aug-20 11:14:41
Print Post

thanks to all who have suggested temporary fixes... i am with bt and am now angry so i will not be paying them extra for halo, there are no major incidences locally (exmouth) and everyone in my road is still online.. , as their tests show no line faults i believe i am on a sin bin (customers fault) engineers visit list hence the delays.. , regarding compensation i believe the compensation has been suspended due to coronavirus? and my plan b hooking up to a nearby bt wifi hub thats out of range ... wow indeed.. next plan is cat5 across the road, to a neighbour ,what possibly could go wrong ?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to