User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Gigabit
(newbie) Tue 15-Dec-20 12:47:53
Print Post

Re: What is causing ping spikes on my FTTC line?

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

I think we need to distinguish between two separate issues, which I have unintentionally blurred.

I see increased latency when torrenting, I have accepted that, that's okay. Your explanation of why that is, makes sense.

But I also see these latency spikes when I am not torrenting and when the connection is seemingly not doing anything. That is why I want to try having the Hub connected to a single client to eliminate my use of the connection as definitely being the cause of that. That is what I refer to in this thread, so I am sorry for the confusion.

I will reactivate the BQM as requested and post it when it gets some data through.

Many thanks for your continued patience with me, it must be frustrating dealing with such an idiot.

Edited by Gigabit (Tue 15-Dec-20 12:48:20)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 15-Dec-20 13:04:28
Print Post

Re: What is causing ping spikes on my FTTC line?

[re: Gigabit] [link to this post]

If the non-loaded spikes on a BQM are at very regular intervals, that is a known characteristic of some routers.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
Experience shows us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to