Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User michty_me
(member) Thu 24-Jul-14 08:10:24
Print Post

Re: VDSL wireless modem

[re: youngsyp] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by youngsyp:
OK, I knew the DXL had fixed antennae but hoped the DX's could be changed.

Looks like the power supply is 'universal' and the specs look the same. Hopefully it'll perform how you need it to.

Paul

Yeah It is my own fault really. I just assumed it would perform as the 7800N that everyone went on about. Clearly this isn't the case. Never mind, I should be able to get some money back from it as it still has one years Billion warranty too.

Thinking about it last night, I'll probably be best to purchase in the UK for returns purposes. I'm best to buy things from the states that I can't break or whatever.
Standard User lexden16
(member) Thu 24-Jul-14 08:59:26
Print Post

[re: boxst] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by boxst:
The Fritz!Box 7490 is a combined modem and router and a whole host of other things like a dect server.

I don't have one, and reviews are thin on the ground. I've heard not very good wifi performance.

I have an Asus RT-68U that I can thoroughly recommend if you go down the separate modem/router path.

I have had a Fritz!Box 7490 since March on an 80/20 line and it hasn't missed a heartbeat. The 7490 is more stable than my 7390 and the line error rate is negligible. Wifi in both bands is imho excellent. I no longer use my Fritz repeater and such things as IPads and Sky boxes are working well on a 5GHz connection. The International version (do not buy the German box as it will not work in the UK) is available more cheaply from German and Dutch suppliers. I bought mine from Fritzshop.nl
Standard User michty_me
(member) Fri 01-Aug-14 10:02:45
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jchamier:
A Huawei HG612 from ebay and a separate router (e.g. Asus RT-AC68U or RT-N66U or the TPLink equivalents) is worth exploring.

At present I just opted for the HG612 and a Asus RT-N56U. Managed to get both for approx £55 so that should do me fine for now. Hopefully the range is better.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User michty_me
(member) Wed 13-Aug-14 11:18:41
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
Hi
Could you provide a link where you've seen the Asus DSL-AC68U for sale in UK? Unless you're referring to the Asus RT-AC68U which does NOT have a VDSL modem and is a router only?

Link for the DSL-AC68U pre-order now available.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid...
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to