Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User digitaldanuk
(newbie) Sun 07-Jun-20 16:44:52
Print Post

Strange LED behaviour with TP-LINK 8980 N600 Router

[link to this post]

Hi all,

Trying to get to the bottom of why this router is behaving in this way. It's not allowing me to connect to it with the web interface either. Tried hard reset, tried 30-30-30 reset, and still no luck. No cables in the ports except the power cable. It does this from being switched on and continues forever.

Here is a video of the behaviour:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br5NAQ_qSUA

Is it a brick?

Many thanks

Daniel
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 08-Jun-20 00:39:58
Print Post

Re: Strange LED behaviour with TP-LINK 8980 N600 Router

[re: digitaldanuk] [link to this post]

It probably needs a physical connection to a phone line that has ADSL2+ supply on it.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connection - Three B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up. 1+ 8 Pro max 80Mbps down, 24Mbps up.
=========================
To argue with a mindless bigot is foolish.
Standard User woodmass14
(committed) Mon 08-Jun-20 01:59:34
Print Post

Re: Strange LED behaviour with TP-LINK 8980 N600 Router

[re: digitaldanuk] [link to this post]

I have the exact same model that was in storage. Just pulled it out and tested it. The same 3 lights turn on at startup then all turn solid green. After a second the only lights that show are both wifi and power (because nothing else is connected to router. Ethernet, internet connection etc)

It looks like that router is on a reboot loop of some sort. Probably hardware related if its as old as my n600 is smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to