General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 05-Dec-11 09:54:54
Print Post

Re: Cabinet Installed

[re: Justo] [link to this post]

I have to say all the cabinets here in N.Ireland that anyone i know is connected to, between the markings going down and them going live was a max of 2weeks for most of them. Mine was around a week from markings to being able to order.

BT Infinity
~200m from NILDW PCP21
40000/10000 Sync
13" Macbook Pro - 2.3GHz Core i5, 4GB DDR3, 320GB
Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Mon 05-Dec-11 11:46:39
Print Post

[re: BuckleZ] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BuckleZ:
I have to say all the cabinets here in N.Ireland that anyone i know is connected to, between the markings going down and them going live was a max of 2weeks for most of them. Mine was around a week from markings to being able to order.
Heh, mine's been two months so far and it's unclear if the recent flurry of activity has anything to do with it although it seems the most likely explanation.

Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Just because he can smile
Standard User Ripley
(committed) Mon 05-Dec-11 15:00:58
Print Post

[re: TheHorseman] [link to this post]

So did they fill in the Tarmac and now they will have to dig up again to install the power?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Justo
(regular) Tue 06-Dec-11 09:14:48
Print Post

[re: Ripley] [link to this post]

They will be doing with mine (eventually!) as the tarmac around the new cab and between new and old all went down when they installed the new cab. Potentially they've left ducting to somewhere for the power to come up into the new cab, I'll know when they get around to putting power in to mine.
Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Dec-11 17:17:06
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Andrue:
In reply to a post by BuckleZ:
Heh, mine's been two months so far and it's unclear if the recent flurry of activity has anything to do with it although it seems the most likely explanation.
Well that answers that question. Drove home tonight and now there is plastic fencing around the site of the new cabinet. Now it just remains to be seen how long it takes before BT start accepting orders.

Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 07-Dec-11 15:56:58
Print Post

Well that answers that question. Drove home tonight and now there is plastic fencing around the site of the new cabinet. Now it just remains to be seen how long it takes before BT start accepting orders.
Nah!

There's been an objection and they are going to take it away and put it somewhere else.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Wed 07-Dec-11 20:21:15
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
There's been an objection and they are going to take it away and put it somewhere else.

Can I have it please ?

James - be* pro - on THFB - sync about 17.2mbps - BQM
Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Dec-11 08:38:02
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Nah!

Nooooo!

Mind you this time it seems they aren't going to install it in a concrete bunker smile

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=nn136ja&hl=en&ll=52....

It suggests a rather curious arrangement for the fibre though. They started their digging on the northern verge of the A422 (zoom out and look south) just before the roundabout. Then round the 'headland' and up Banbury Road. Just before the roundabout they crossed over and there's paint on Pavillon's Way showing 'H/V' and 'L/V' cross over there. Meanwhile the new cab is going opposite the old one (ie;rotate the original view 180 degrees).

Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Fri 09-Dec-11 17:19:11
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jchamier:

Can I have it please ?
Sorry. It's been fixed to the concrete plinth now. Saw it on my way home. Now I just have to wait <insert_random_interval_here> months for it to go live. Muwahahahah..er..I mean, sorry smile

Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Sat 10-Dec-11 00:26:13
Print Post

Sorry. It's been fixed to the concrete plinth now. Saw it on my way home. Now I just have to wait <insert_random_interval_here> months for it to go live. Muwahahahah..er..I mean, sorry smile

frown

That said, hope it gets enabled soon and you can order. smile

James - be* pro - on THFB - sync about 17.2mbps - BQM
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to