General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User sandacol
(newbie) Mon 02-Jul-12 18:34:39
Print Post

Re: FTTC Bracknell

[re: Tazz_uk] [link to this post]

Openreach 'coming soon' has Bracknell forecast for Dec 2012.
Having seen it push back every time it gets close before, I'm not sure if I should get my hopes up.
BTW - can anyone see if the cab for RG42 5JS (Binfield) is scheduled to be upgraded?
Standard User Pete__B
(newbie) Sat 07-Jul-12 10:07:21
Print Post

[re: sandacol] [link to this post]

RG42 5JS is in the December 2011 spreadsheet.

THBK BRACKNELL RG425JS {THBK}{P61} 0 95% 52.72 5b Yes FTTC
THBK BRACKNELL RG425JS {THBK}{P90} 0 5% 173.81 5b Yes FTTC

I have checked a couple of the cabs near where I live in Forest Park and also the one in front of the shops at Harmans Water, no signs of any FTTC work at all.

PeteB
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Sat 07-Jul-12 18:09:03
Print Post

[re: Pete__B] [link to this post]

Its most likely Bracknell has slipped further down the phases from 5b as that was last year, currently in about phase 8a/8b but this depends on the area as the more resouces avaliable speed up the rollout.
Though Bracknell will be next in the area as every large exchange around it has been enabled for FTTC, though their is likely infill happening on those exchanges.

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by ccxo (Sat 07-Jul-12 18:11:24)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 09-Jul-12 10:54:14
Print Post

There was a FTTC cab outside the shops at Harmans Water last weekend when I was there. As you stand on the road and look towards the shops it's to the left, about where the carpark ends, but on the pavement
Standard User Pete__B
(newbie) Tue 10-Jul-12 09:00:39
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

It turns out there are two cabinets near Harmans Water shops, they are less than 70m apart.

When looking from the road towards the shops, PCP58 is to the right of the car park entrance and does NOT have an FTTC cab, PCP52 is to the left, near St Paul's church, and DOES have an FTTC cab.

PCP58 http://goo.gl/maps/0Ekd
PCP52 http://goo.gl/maps/WZLa - Now has an FTTC cabinet just to the right.

Pete
Standard User Pete__B
(newbie) Fri 13-Jul-12 08:08:20
Print Post

An update to my earlier post.

PCP58 had an FTTC cabinet installed yesterday, 12th July 2012.

Pete
Standard User infernalbadger
(newbie) Wed 18-Jul-12 13:21:53
Print Post

My local cabinet (P83) is done now.

Just got to wait for the exchange I guess laugh
Standard User Pete__B
(newbie) Wed 18-Jul-12 17:25:19
Print Post

[re: infernalbadger] [link to this post]

FTTC by December 2012 will be too late for me. I am moving from Bracknell to a house served from the Mogador exchange (between Banstead and Reigate) that is still 20CN. No date for either 21CN or FTTC. frown
The good news is is that I am a lot closer to the exchange so will sync at nearly 3 times the rate I get at the moment. smile

PeteB

Edited by Pete__B (Wed 18-Jul-12 17:26:26)

Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-Jul-12 17:35:20
Print Post

In reply to a post by Pete__B:
FTTC by December 2012 will be too late for me. I am moving from Bracknell to a house served from the Mogador exchange (between Banstead and Reigate) that is still 20CN. No date for either 21CN or FTTC. frown

TalkTalk have unbundled, so you can get services from talktalk retail, or from other companies using TalkTalk Wholesale, such as Viviciti and UNO.
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/LSMOG

James be* pro (16.8 / 1.2 sync) - BQM - FTTC cab installed 18-jun-2012 - not yet active - est 44.6 / 6.5
Standard User Pete__B
(newbie) Thu 19-Jul-12 05:59:26
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

After very bad customer service from TalkTalk a few years ago I will never use them again.
I would rather stay with BT or one of their resellers than give TalkTalk any money whatsoever.

PeteB
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to