General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User infernalbadger
(newbie) Fri 28-Sep-12 14:43:40
Print Post

Re: FTTC Bracknell

[re: infernalbadger] [link to this post]

Now actually showing up on the BT infinity checker:
BT Infinity
Superfast fibre optic broadband
We're rolling out our fibre optic network to bring you faster speeds of up to 76Mb. Register your interest now and we'll contact you near to the date stated. These dates are provisional and subject to change.
52.2Mb download
13.2Mb upload 31-December-2012

Yay laugh

Edited by infernalbadger (Fri 28-Sep-12 14:43:57)

(newbie) Mon 08-Oct-12 23:28:02
Print Post

Ordered laugh

Install in 3 weeks
Standard User sandacol
(newbie) Tue 09-Oct-12 01:02:46
Print Post

Well done that man. Really pleased for you.

Where about are you in Bracknell?

Presumably not the Binfield side knowing my luck.

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Tue 09-Oct-12 09:59:03
Print Post

[re: sandacol] [link to this post]

Near to martins heron station.

It seems that this is one of the first cabinets to allow orders. I've checked 2 other Bracknell phone numbers and neither can order yet.

ADSL speeds are really low here and there isn't much access to virgin media so maybe that's why these ones were done first, makes commercial sense. Although I didn't receive an email from BT even though I had registered a few times to be notified when it was available. Lucky I checked every day (a few times, lol)

Hope yours is enabled soon!

Just gotta hope there are no problems with the install now!
Standard User sandacol
(newbie) Tue 09-Oct-12 14:23:47
Print Post

Still nothing for me on the phone number check, but the postcode check is more positive

"Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st December 2012. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed between 52.2 to 80 Mbps and upstream line speed between 13.2 to 20 Mbps."

52.2 to 80! I think I need to go for a lie down.

Patience, patience. Ommmmmmmmm.

My Broadband Speed Test
(newbie) Tue 09-Oct-12 20:18:13
Print Post

Did the same for me.

First it was only showing for post code then phone number but still 31st Dec then one day it said available laugh

Only 52mbit max for me though frown Slight increase from 2mbit though, lol
Standard User sandacol
(newbie) Mon 15-Oct-12 21:12:36
Print Post

1 week down, 2 to go. Must be like waiting for your first baby!

I'm still checking everyday without joy, but it's like buying the lottery ticket - more hope than expectation.

Shame we don't get the yellow pins for the cabs - it'd be nice to be able to take a couple of days off from checking.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User sandacol
(newbie) Wed 24-Oct-12 15:44:10
Print Post

OK, I'm not as patient as I'd like to think.
I finally gave in and sent the question to [email protected] and got the following very helpful reply.

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your interest in fibre broadband.

The cab that serves your premises, cab 61, is scheduled for deployment in January 2013,the cabinet in question is current planned as FTTC.

There is ongoing work requiring traffic management which has a completion date of November.

Please be aware that the engineering required to commission a Fibre Broadband cabinet is often complex and should conditions on the ground change, there is a small risk that the delivery date may be effected. Please track the date for commissioning through the line checker of your chosen service provider.

Regards

OK, it's a bit disappointing, but at least I can stop checking availability on a daily basis.
So, roll on January . . . . or Feb, or Mar . . . Ooo. Just in time for fibre on demand!

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Wed 24-Oct-12 18:27:35
Print Post

Any missed residential cabinets not in the commerical deployment will likely be covered by the Superfast Berkshire project- contract should be awarded by February (Openreach are likely to be the only bidders but will see infill of missed cabinets.)

My Broadband Speed Test
(newbie) Fri 26-Oct-12 14:11:44
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Got my homehub today, install on Monday afternoon laugh

Still expecting something to go wrong. Been over a 2 year wait so it should be worth it smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to