General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User sandacol
(newbie) Wed 31-Oct-12 02:03:31
Print Post

Re: FTTC Bracknell

[re: infernalbadger] [link to this post]

All connected?

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User infernalbadger
(newbie) Wed 31-Oct-12 09:15:22
Print Post

[re: sandacol] [link to this post]

Yeah, engineer didn't turn up on the planned day (monday) but then randomly turned up on tuesday morning. Luckily my wife was in and it was installed in about 30 minutes.

My Broadband Speed Test

Not too bad considering I'm supposed to get 52mbit, lol laugh
Standard User sandacol
(newbie) Thu 01-Nov-12 21:17:00
Print Post

[re: infernalbadger] [link to this post]

20 times faster. That's got to be noticeable!

Enjoy!

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User sandacol
(newbie) Mon 05-Nov-12 13:15:57
Print Post

A bit of progress!

For the 1st time, the OR checker is forecasting FTTC.

"Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st December 2012. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 61.8Mbps and upstream line speed of 20Mbps."

Still waiting, but it's another step forward.

All I need now is for O2 / BE to sort out FTTC so I can stay with them.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User CommissarTommy
(newbie) Tue 13-Nov-12 23:16:03
Print Post

FTTC Bracknell

Hello everybody,

Could you help me find out when my area of Bracknell is getting FTTC? My postcode is RG12 8BD and my local CAB is P108. I still have not seen any FTTC boxes in Jennett's Park but i'm not sure on the broadband situation around here.

thanks in advance

Thomas Parker
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Wed 14-Nov-12 04:52:10
Print Post

[re: CommissarTommy] [link to this post]

Jannett's Park is a new build estate and they are generally excluded in the inital rollout for a number of reasons.
However the estate will either be upgraded via infill by Openreach which happens after a exchange goes live with the first round of cabinets or it will be upgraded via the BDUK project for Berkshire- 'Superfast Berkshire' Anywhere between Mid 2013-2015.

You can contact Openreach via this email, you will need to say your phone number and address, as they will ask for this to give you the correct information, it will take between 5-10 days for them to respond.
Will say if your cabinet will be part of the commerical deployment or upgraded via the BDUK project.

[email protected]

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Fraxis
(newbie) Thu 22-Nov-12 20:08:07
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

108 is due to be upgraded next June. Openreach informed me of this a couple of weeks ago, when I asked about my cabinet - which I thought was 108 but was in fact 100! Haven't had a chance to go back to them to see if 100 is also due for FTTC in June.
Standard User xscorpiusx
(newbie) Wed 19-Dec-12 07:41:36
Print Post

[re: Fraxis] [link to this post]

Just looked at the BT line checker and BT Infinity has moved from 31st December 2012 to 31st March 2013. I live in Hanworth and currently receive ~4Mbps.

Really not happy frown
Standard User David_W
(experienced) Wed 19-Dec-12 16:57:45
Print Post

[re: xscorpiusx] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by xscorpiusx:
Just looked at the BT line checker and BT Infinity has moved from 31st December 2012 to 31st March 2013. I live in Hanworth and currently receive ~4Mbps.

Really not happy frown

As has been said in numerous other threads over the last 48 hours, the end quarter dates are just holding dates indicating BT Openreach's likely prediction for Ready for Service.

Many of these dates are met some time before the end of the quarter. However, some are not and are pushed back - in the case of my exchange, numerous times, the last being for six months. The exchange quietly went Ready for Service six weeks before the end of the most recent 'end of quarter' date.

If work is underway, BT Openreach may well deliver service before the end of March. The changed date merely reflects the reality that it is unlikely to be possible to commission any more cabinets before the end of the year.

Even if your exchange went RFS now, you'd be unlikely to get an install date much before the middle of January.
Standard User Tazz_uk
(committed) Sat 22-Dec-12 13:26:31
Print Post

[re: xscorpiusx] [link to this post]

Same here I am on Cabinet P93 in Great Hollands and all other cabs around it are low 20's cab numbers which have been done yet they left mine... What a wierd way to work... Why not do all in the area... What cab are you on?

Virgin Media Broadband Size: XXL 60Mb
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to