General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Sat 31-Mar-12 21:06:06
Print Post

Re: pppoe - vlan

[re: TraceT] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TraceT:
In reply to a post by acpsd775:
... nested quotes trimmed ...

I can see this for stats;
noise margin upstream: 17 db
output power downstream: -15 db
attenuation upstream: 0 db
noise margin downstream: 25 db
output power upstream: 10 db
attenuation downstream: 14 db

use to get this;
noise margin upstream: 15db
output power downstream -19 db
attenuation upstream 0 db
noise margin downstream 6 db
output power upstream S db
attenuation downstream 0 db

I can also see this;
3G Disabled

not needed to try the USB ports.

LAN Port 4 was locked for their TV services, but when I discovered this they unlocked it for me, but I use 8 port gigabit switch anyway.

Thanks for that can you not see the sync speed with those stats ??, I only use 2 lan ports so not a problem about the 4th been locked off for tv, If the TV service is good ill probably take it just got rida sky so looking for something more than free view (there's 1 channel on there i watch so doesn't warrent spending £80 fitting a rooftop antenna lol) But not as much as sky lol, I do have freesat but the sky box is on its way out so if the littlebigone IPTV service is good shall just get that instead of buying another sky HD box

if you don't mind could you upload a few print screens on the LBO router interface blanking out any personal info ovs

Ash

I can give you this for now;
Interface Status
Interface Status Rate
VDSL WAN Up 43992/10996 kbps
LAN 1 Up 10Mbps
LAN 2 Up 1000Mbps
LAN 3 Up 1000Mbps
LAN 4 Down N/A
WLAN Up 300Mbps
3G Disabled N/A

My monitor isn't big enough for full screen shots, but I remember someone copying more edited info on either the Sheffield Forums or Digital Region Forums.
If you can't find it I'll have look for you, but will have to wait till tomorrow as I'm off to watch a movie smile
I'll try to screen shot what I can though.

~Thanks those are the stats i was wanting 1 last question before you go do you know how far you are from the cab, Lan 1 looks a bit of a odd speed :-/

Ash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TalkTalk 11105kbps/1020kbps + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 5252Kbps/1608Kbps Soon to be with little big one up to 40meg FTTC
Standard User TraceT
(newbie) Sat 31-Mar-12 21:12:38
Print Post

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

Thanks for that can you not see the sync speed with those stats ??, I only use 2 lan ports so not a problem about the 4th been locked off for tv, If the TV service is good ill probably take it just got rida sky so looking for something more than free view (there's 1 channel on there i watch so doesn't warrent spending £80 fitting a rooftop antenna lol) But not as much as sky lol, I do have freesat but the sky box is on its way out so if the littlebigone IPTV service is good shall just get that instead of buying another sky HD box

if you don't mind could you upload a few print screens on the LBO router interface blanking out any personal info ovs

Ash

Interface Status
Interface Status Rate
LAN 1 Up 10Mbps
LAN 2 Up 1000Mbps
LAN 3 Up 1000Mbps
LAN 4 Down N/A
WLAN Up 300Mbps
3G Disabled N/A

My monitor isn't big enough for full screen shots, but I remember someone copying more edited info on either the Sheffield Forums or Digital Region Forums.
If you can't find it I'll have look for you, but will have to wait till tomorrow as I'm off to watch a movie smile

~Thanks those are the stats i was wanting 1 last question before you go do you know how far you are from the cab, Lan 1 looks a bit of a odd speed :-/

Ash

We approx 160mtrs from the cab.
Lan 1 is a PC that is currently shutdown.
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Sat 31-Mar-12 21:21:37
Print Post

Interface Status
Interface Status Rate
LAN 1 Up 10Mbps
LAN 2 Up 1000Mbps
LAN 3 Up 1000Mbps
LAN 4 Down N/A
WLAN Up 300Mbps
3G Disabled N/A

Ash

We approx 160mtrs from the cab.
Lan 1 is a PC that is currently shutdown.

Right thanks your well set for the 80/X later in the year (if it ever happens lol) ive about 0.3km am fingers crossed for full 40 but with 8a not sure if ill get it the talktalk checker says 66/20 is achievable with 17a though so who knows thanks again for all the info

Ash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TalkTalk 11105kbps/1020kbps + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 5252Kbps/1608Kbps Soon to be with little big one up to 40meg FTTC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User TraceT
(newbie) Sun 01-Apr-12 14:37:35
Print Post

Hi Ash

I think I've screen grabbed some good ones for you right, using hubbies PC.
Let me know and I'll have another go if not.

ZyXel screen shots

Some of the screen grabs are to show what other options are available at the bottom of the screen.
Oh, and on the Port Forwarding screen it only lets you make 16 entries frown

Edited by TraceT (Sun 01-Apr-12 15:10:56)

Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Sun 01-Apr-12 15:48:36
Print Post

Hi Ash

ZyXel screen shots

Some of the screen grabs are to show what other options are available at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks very interesting it looks like they've left the print/HDD sharing in there so all good i dont mind not been able to change the SSID i hardly use wifi to care about its name lol, Its nice to see it is gbit LAN though i thought it was 10/100 i do a lot of media sharing on the network so gbit lan will come well in handy for me smile

When you login do you use the username Admin or User browsing threw the manual there seams to be 2 diff names

Ash

Edited by acpsd775 (Sun 01-Apr-12 15:54:58)

Standard User TraceT
(newbie) Sun 01-Apr-12 16:06:57
Print Post

Hi Ash

ZyXel screen shots

Thanks very interesting it looks like they've left the print/HDD sharing in there so all good i dont mind not been able to change the SSID i hardly use wifi to care about its name lol, Its nice to see it is gbit LAN though i thought it was 10/100 i do a lot of media sharing on the network so gbit lan will come well in handy for me smile

When you login do you use the username Admin or User browsing threw the manual there seams to be 2 diff names

Ash

You can't change the login name "User" only the user password.
LBO prob got the admin one.
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Sun 01-Apr-12 16:20:37
Print Post

Hi Ash

ZyXel screen shots

Ash

Yea that's what i thought well default its admin/1234 lol but as you say they most likaly have it with this guide there seams to be a lot they've blocked out not giving you admin access.

Ash

Edited by acpsd775 (Sun 01-Apr-12 16:23:48)

Standard User TraceT
(newbie) Mon 02-Apr-12 13:30:16
Print Post

Ash

Yea that's what i thought well default its admin/1234 lol but as you say they most likaly have it with this guide there seams to be a lot they've blocked out not giving you admin access.

Ash

I've uploaded screenies for Media Server and Print Server for you, not much to see but to whet your appetite a little....lol
Anymore you'd like to be going on with?

Can't log in as Admin as password has obviously been changed by LBO.
I agree, compared to the manual available online, LBO have hidden a lot of the real config stuff. Only got a quick start guide in the box.
The router is also more of a creamy white than what it looks online.

When do expect to go live if you don't mind my asking?
Some of their tech support guys are really knowledgeable and truly helpful should you need them.

Also have you read their threads on Sheffield Forums, some info about being able to daisy chain routers.

Trace

Edited by TraceT (Mon 02-Apr-12 13:50:30)

Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Mon 02-Apr-12 14:36:51
Print Post

Ash

I've uploaded screenies for Media Server and Print Server for you, not much to see but to whet your appetite a little....lol

I agree, compared to the manual available online, LBO have hidden a lot of the real config stuff. Only got a quick start guide in the box.

Some of their tech support guys are really knowledgeable and truly helpful should you need them.

Also have you read their threads on Sheffield Forums, some info about being able to daisy chain routers.

Trace

Thanks for those i got my date today they say the 12th (router 11th) from start to finish it will of been 20 days so im quite content with that,

Just waiting tomorrow to find out about their TV if its got some premium content like FX discovery etc im defo in (but being a little company its doubtful)
But my sky box (used for freesat now) is on deaths door and we dont have a rooftop antenna and portable ones are touch an go with channels so freeview is out of question (saying that there's only 1 channel on there i watch so its not worth the cost of installing an antenna lol) so we do need some alternative for TV lol if it turns out to be rubbish line up then ill buy a new sky HD box for freest but im hoping their going to have something worth signing up for after all this time smile

on your stats page it states comps connected at Gbit speed are they directly on the router or via a hub because in the manual it only states 10/100 but your PS shows 10/100/1000.

Ash

Standard User TraceT
(newbie) Mon 02-Apr-12 15:00:30
Print Post

Ash

Trace

Thanks for those i got my date today they say the 12th (router 11th) from start to finish it will of been 20 days so im quite content with that,

Just waiting tomorrow to find out about their TV if its got some premium content like FX discovery etc im defo in (but being a little company its doubtful)
But my sky box (used for freesat now) is on deaths door and we dont have a rooftop antenna and portable ones are touch an go with channels so freeview is out of question (saying that there's only 1 channel on there i watch so its not worth the cost of installing an antenna lol) so we do need some alternative for TV lol if it turns out to be rubbish line up then ill buy a new sky HD box for freest but im hoping their going to have something worth signing up for after all this time smile

on your stats page it states comps connected at Gbit speed are they directly on the router or via a hub because in the manual it only states 10/100 but your PS shows 10/100/1000.

Ash

oooh not long to wait then.
Yes we have 3 gaming PCs connected directly to router at gigabit speed, its a pity we don't get it down the line yet. It's good for networking though.
I think the manual is a little old looking at the front page [firmware version and date].

We are satisfied with Freeview here as we spend most of our time online don't have time to watch telly....lol.
We used to have BTVision but hardly ever watched it. LBO sales did say back in Dec that their TV service wouldn't be like that.
Be interesting to see LBO prices for it though.
Not long to find out hopefully!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to