General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Mon 02-Apr-12 15:31:29
Print Post

Re: pppoe - vlan

[re: TraceT] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TraceT:
In reply to a post by acpsd775:
... nested quotes trimmed ...

I've uploaded screenies for Media Server and Print Server for you, not much to see but to whet your appetite a little....lol
Anymore you'd like to be going on with?

Can't log in as Admin as password has obviously been changed by LBO.
I agree, compared to the manual available online, LBO have hidden a lot of the real config stuff. Only got a quick start guide in the box.
The router is also more of a creamy white than what it looks online.

When do expect to go live if you don't mind my asking?
Some of their tech support guys are really knowledgeable and truly helpful should you need them.

Also have you read their threads on Sheffield Forums, some info about being able to daisy chain routers.

Trace

Thanks for those i got my date today they say the 12th (router 11th) from start to finish it will of been 20 days so im quite content with that,

Just waiting tomorrow to find out about their TV if its got some premium content like FX discovery etc im defo in (but being a little company its doubtful)
But my sky box (used for freesat now) is on deaths door and we dont have a rooftop antenna and portable ones are touch an go with channels so freeview is out of question (saying that there's only 1 channel on there i watch so its not worth the cost of installing an antenna lol) so we do need some alternative for TV lol if it turns out to be rubbish line up then ill buy a new sky HD box for freest but im hoping their going to have something worth signing up for after all this time smile

on your stats page it states comps connected at Gbit speed are they directly on the router or via a hub because in the manual it only states 10/100 but your PS shows 10/100/1000.

Ash

oooh not long to wait then.
Yes we have 3 gaming PCs connected directly to router at gigabit speed, its a pity we don't get it down the line yet. It's good for networking though.
I think the manual is a little old looking at the front page [firmware version and date].

We are satisfied with Freeview here as we spend most of our time online don't have time to watch telly....lol.
We used to have BTVision but hardly ever watched it. LBO sales did say back in Dec that their TV service wouldn't be like that.
Be interesting to see LBO prices for it though.
Not long to find out hopefully!

Yea same here they said it wouldn't be free view and be 100% IPTV based (no antennas/sat feeds required)that alone has got me a bit excited lol well know 100% tomorrow i suppose lol.

And yea i noticed the manual seams way out of date its mainly XP based with 1 little windows 7 pic near the end lol,
Gbit lan big plus for me though so i wont complain i used to have it when i was with VM and it was so much better i do loats of network transferring streaming of HD files over the net to TV gaming (all at the same time lol) then when i switched onto ADSL went back to 10/100 i thought about purchasing a Gbit router but because i never planed on been with ADSL for that long never bothered, Even with 100meg lan speeds i notice if a network transfers going it dose cause considerable lag in L4D2.

Ash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TalkTalk 11105kbps/1020kbps + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 5252Kbps/1608Kbps Soon to be with little big one up to 40meg FTTC
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Tue 03-Apr-12 15:21:14
Print Post

... nested quotes trimmed ...

I've uploaded screenies for Media Server and Print Server for you, not much to see but to whet your appetite a little....lol
Anymore you'd like to be going on with?

Can't log in as Admin as password has obviously been changed by LBO.
I agree, compared to the manual available online, LBO have hidden a lot of the real config stuff. Only got a quick start guide in the box.
The router is also more of a creamy white than what it looks online.

When do expect to go live if you don't mind my asking?
Some of their tech support guys are really knowledgeable and truly helpful should you need them.

Also have you read their threads on Sheffield Forums, some info about being able to daisy chain routers.

Trace

Thanks for those i got my date today they say the 12th (router 11th) from start to finish it will of been 20 days so im quite content with that,

Just waiting tomorrow to find out about their TV if its got some premium content like FX discovery etc im defo in (but being a little company its doubtful)
But my sky box (used for freesat now) is on deaths door and we dont have a rooftop antenna and portable ones are touch an go with channels so freeview is out of question (saying that there's only 1 channel on there i watch so its not worth the cost of installing an antenna lol) so we do need some alternative for TV lol if it turns out to be rubbish line up then ill buy a new sky HD box for freest but im hoping their going to have something worth signing up for after all this time smile

on your stats page it states comps connected at Gbit speed are they directly on the router or via a hub because in the manual it only states 10/100 but your PS shows 10/100/1000.

Ash

oooh not long to wait then.
Yes we have 3 gaming PCs connected directly to router at gigabit speed, its a pity we don't get it down the line yet. It's good for networking though.
I think the manual is a little old looking at the front page [firmware version and date].

We are satisfied with Freeview here as we spend most of our time online don't have time to watch telly....lol.
We used to have BTVision but hardly ever watched it. LBO sales did say back in Dec that their TV service wouldn't be like that.
Be interesting to see LBO prices for it though.
Not long to find out hopefully!

LBO just announced their tv and at the same time say 80megs going to be available from later April laughlaugh

Ash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TalkTalk 11105kbps/1020kbps + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 5252Kbps/1608Kbps Soon to be with little big one up to 40meg FTTC
Standard User TraceT
(newbie) Tue 03-Apr-12 20:57:20
Print Post

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

Ash
LBO's TV packages were just what you were looking for weren't they?
You timed your signup perfectly. Any idea on what hardware you get for TV?

Trace

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Tue 03-Apr-12 22:39:48
Print Post

Ash
LBO's TV packages were just what you were looking for weren't they?
You timed your signup perfectly. Any idea on what hardware you get for TV?

Trace

From the pic on FB Shown here its a Motorola IPTV box i got an offer because i was one of the first to sign up i got free box and free install ive gone on their top package called BIG+ Found on here

Ash

TalkTalk 11105kbps/1020kbps + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 5252Kbps/1608Kbps + http://littlebigone.com"]Littlebigone.com FTTC from 12/2/12 + IPTV Bigtv+
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Sat 07-Apr-12 18:01:57
Print Post

ive got my router today and looked and the wifi is changeable nice suprice people have been moaning about it not been see here

Ash

TalkTalk 11105kbps/1020kbps + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 5252Kbps/1608Kbps + littlebigone.com FTTC from 12/2/12 + Bigtv+ IPTV Package
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 07-Apr-12 19:18:35
Print Post

Just an aside. Have you noticed how your ----- line above your sig has been messed up with the introduction of the delineator before all sigs? Sig contents have been right-shifted, and lines like yours and the one I had are redundant.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Sat 07-Apr-12 19:53:33
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Just an aside. Have you noticed how your ----- line above your sig has been messed up with the introduction of the delineator before all sigs? Sig contents have been right-shifted, and lines like yours and the one I had are redundant.

Have not notice any differences at all TBH the forum posts look a bit bigger but that's all ive noticed lol See herelooks same as usual lol

Ash

EDIT its just this second updated i now see the new sig separator

TalkTalk 11105kbps/1020kbps + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 5252Kbps/1608Kbps + littlebigone.com FTTC from 12/2/12 + Bigtv+ IPTV Package

Edited by acpsd775 (Sat 07-Apr-12 20:13:45)

Standard User TraceT
(learned) Sat 07-Apr-12 20:02:20
Print Post

ive got my router today and looked and the wifi is changeable nice suprice people have been moaning about it not been see here

Ash

Ash, how were you logged in, admin or user?
Did you notice what the difference is between your screen shot and mine for the "Network Setting" menu at the bottom? I have only 3 choices; Home Network, NAT and Dynamic DNS.
However... if you still have access to the Wireless settings on activation day I know who'll be getting a call from mewink It's not on if some customers have access to some menus others don't X(
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Sat 07-Apr-12 20:11:12
Print Post

Ash

Did you notice what the difference is between your screen shot and mine for the "Network Setting" menu at the bottom? I have only 3 choices; Home Network, NAT and Dynamic DNS.
However... if you still have access to the Wireless settings on activation day I know who'll be getting a call from mewink It's not on if some customers have access to some menus others don't X(

ahh yes when i go over network settings i get a 4th that says wireless settings i was saying to a friend watch this knowing my luck activation day and it will update and block it haha, Ive changed my wpa2 settings and added a second guest network ready for launch lol.

i logged in using user/1234 (now changed) so not sure whats happened maybe they've listened to their customers and decided to unlock it and you just haven't got the update yet i noticed a few things i thought would be locked out that arnt actually when i was messing unfortunately the sip settings are still locked but we cant have everything can we lol.

Will let you know next Thursday weather the block it or not

Ash

littlebigone.com FTTC from 12/2/12 + Bigtv+ IPTV Package + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 5252Kbps/1608Kbps

Edited by acpsd775 (Sat 07-Apr-12 20:11:46)

Standard User TraceT
(learned) Sat 07-Apr-12 20:17:18
Print Post

Ash

ahh yes when i go over network settings i get a 4th that says wireless settings i was saying to a friend watch this knowing my luck activation day and it will update and block it haha, Ive changed my wpa2 settings and added a second guest network ready for launch lol.

i logged in using user/1234 (now changed) so not sure whats happened maybe they've listened to their customers and decided to unlock it and you just haven't got the update yet i noticed a few things i thought would be locked out that arnt actually when i was messing unfortunately the sip settings are still locked but we cant have everything can we lol.

Will let you know next Thursday weather the block it or not

Ash

what firmware are you on
can you screen shot your options you get on each menu at the bottom plz?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to