General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Sun 08-Apr-12 15:19:45
Print Post

Re: pppoe - vlan

[re: TraceT] [link to this post]

yes cant seam to see too much difference mainly just all the wireless options that graph showing wireless congestion is fantastic though lol

Ash

littlebigone.com FTTC from 12/2/12 + Bigtv+ IPTV Package + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 5252Kbps/1608Kbps
Standard User TraceT
(learned) Sun 08-Apr-12 15:24:31
Print Post

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by acpsd775:
yes cant seam to see too much difference mainly just all the wireless options that graph showing wireless congestion is fantastic though lol

Ash

So looking at the menus at the bottom when you hover over them with your mouse, the only one missing for me is the wireless one? Thats ok then.
I thought the graph looked quite informative too. Had to use inSSIDer to get an idea of other wireless networks in the past, but not being able to change the channel myself is frustrating. Is the ZyXel set to automatic?
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Sun 08-Apr-12 16:29:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by TraceT:

Ash

So looking at the menus at the bottom when you hover over them with your mouse, the only one missing for me is the wireless one? Thats ok then.
I thought the graph looked quite informative too. Had to use inSSIDer to get an idea of other wireless networks in the past, but not being able to change the channel myself is frustrating. Is the ZyXel set to automatic?

Yes its automatic it seams to auto detect based on that graph

Ash

littlebigone.com FTTC from 12/2/12 + Bigtv+ IPTV Package + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 5252Kbps/1608Kbps

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Tue 10-Apr-12 20:54:38
Print Post

did you ring up about the wireless

Ash

Standard User TraceT
(learned) Tue 10-Apr-12 21:44:16
Print Post

Used live chat.
I only had to ask! Fantastic service!

Spoke to Jonathon who has always been brilliant help, whenever I needed it.
Highly recommended.

Hope you don't have even more menus more than me though wink
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Tue 10-Apr-12 21:54:15
Print Post

not that i know of lol, i would love admin access though lol use the router to its true £100+ value capabilities lol

2 days to go anyway cant WAIT!!

also on a + note i left a message on their FB page saying...

hi just been looking on think broadband and origin have announced a product above their 40meg that is basically is unlocked and will allow you to get speeds of what ever your line can handle will you also be allowing this or are you going to be capping it at max 80meg, i feel if you cap it at 80 then you will lose potential custom to origin who are offering as fast as you can go for £35 their guide shows some people connecting at 121meg http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/5160-origin-shows...

And got back...

Hi Ash, We've already anounced that higher speed services are coming later this month. As you can probably tell Digital Region have released this higher speed services to their ISPs recently. We will be announcing our pricing and exact details this week. I can confirm though that we won't be capping anything. With the new rules on how ISPs can advertise speeds, quoting unachieveable speeds for the vast majority we don't feel is helpful, but again we won't be capping anyone on these high speed services.

So it seams although they put 80megs coming later this month it looks like their uncapping it like origin has on their origin max product

Ash

Edited by acpsd775 (Tue 10-Apr-12 21:56:15)

Standard User TraceT
(learned) Tue 10-Apr-12 22:09:15
Print Post

Hmmmn I've read about it, but not sure I want to spend even more money for Internet access though, tbh.
Recently paid £92 in connection/setup fees on top of my monthly sub to LBO as it is.

You starting a new thread when you get connected, to share your thoughts on their TV services when you've had a good play?

Managed to go off your original topic a bit lately........sorry.
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Wed 11-Apr-12 13:25:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by TraceT:
Hmmmn I've read about it, but not sure I want to spend even more money for Internet access though, tbh.
Recently paid £92 in connection/setup fees on top of my monthly sub to LBO as it is.

You starting a new thread when you get connected, to share your thoughts on their TV services when you've had a good play?

Managed to go off your original topic a bit lately........sorry.

Yea i think i will once ive had a play with it lol BB gos live this Thursday and TV box gets delivered 16th so next Monday so i think about Tuesday/Wednesday it will oni take me a few hours to master the box and get my feelings on it lol .

TBH i dont mind paying the extra when i was with virgin media i payed £35 for 100meg and £13.90 for phone so £48.90 (they wanted £45 for 100meg if i didn't take phone so for the £3.90 more i had phone lol), So if LBO charge £35 like origin for their uncapped service im happy to pay it i no longer pay for phone rental some one else payed it 1 year in advance lol so the line rental money i would be paying will over the upgrade price lol.

According to origins graph listed below which should apply to LBO too seen as they both use DRN.

Distance Downstream Upstream
147 m 106 Mbps 22 Mbps
171 m 121 Mbps 27 Mbps
183 m 98 Mbps 9 Mbps
245 m 104 Mbps 21.6 Mbps
248 m 107 Mbps 27 Mbps
269 m 98 Mbps 27 Mbps
392 m 81.5 Mbps19.8 Mbps
416 m 96 Mbps 30 Mbps
490 m 76 Mbps 24.2 Mbps
612 m 56 Mbps 22 Mbps
857 m 32 Mbps 8.5 Mbps
1372 m 22 Mbps 1.7 Mbps

i am apparently 328M according to some one at LBO no idea were they got the precise number from but ill take their word lol, I new it was some were between 300 and 325 from google maps though so w/e.

So i could expect speeds or at least 80meg, 392 m 81.5 Mbps/19.8 Mbps, 416 m 96 Mbps/ 30 Mbps those are much longer lines than mine obviously i know every line is different because of age ETC but id be happy with at least 60 and the upload will be worth it for me

that turned into a bit of an essay lol

Ash

Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Thu 12-Apr-12 13:03:40
Print Post

Am now connected

Speedtest.net

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/13342...

https://public.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pA3UzTGIeI7e_...

VDSL WAN Up 46532/21708 kbps

The Think broadband speed test has never really worked for me properly when i was on 100meg i could never get past 50-60

Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Thu 12-Apr-12 19:45:29
Print Post

The Think broadband speed test has never really worked for me properly when i was on 100meg i could never get past 50-60

I assume that was Virgin Media 100meg rather than a corporate connection?

James - be* pro - 16.8 or 17.2mbps BQM
Still waiting for FTTC cabinet since Mar 2011- THFB PCP 5
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to