General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Scoot
(member) Mon 16-Apr-12 22:24:16
Print Post

Re: Upload Stuck?

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yeah not planning on anymore seeing as the sync is high enough and my down rate is fine. I might just bare with this as if I contact BT they might change my profile or make things worse.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 16-Apr-12 22:28:36
Print Post

I have the exact same issue. My speeds are supposed to be 54/13 but the upload hasnt changed much from 6.4mbit. It appears to have only gone up to 6.7mbits.

Been on phone with BT who assure me the work has been completed, although i was told it takes 10 days (but surely i would have noticed a bigger change after 3 days?)

Any ideas? Seen a post about N.Ireland upgrade as being a waste of time for Infinity 2 (where i am from)
Standard User Scoot
(member) Tue 17-Apr-12 20:47:56
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Wish I could help mate, but im in the same position.

I dont think it matters where you are from regards the upgrade being a waste of time. All comes down to your line length and stats at the end of the day. Apparently there is no 10 day training period on FTTC so the advisor on the phone told you rubbish.

Read above and try reboot your WHITE open world modem and the BT hub, just dont do it too many times as it can drop your IP profile.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 18-Apr-12 16:52:20
Print Post

[re: Scoot] [link to this post]

Tried the bt speedtester website. BT havent upgraded my infinity at all. Must have rang them 6 times since launch. Says i am still on the old profile of 39.16 mbits instead of 76!

According to the helpdesk it is a line mismatch error at the exchange and will be sorted tomorrow (thats what they were supposed to do by today)

So if you upload speed didnt change try the bt speedtester website/diagnostics and it will tell you if your profile has been upgraded - its simple to do.

Now all i have to do if wait until BT listen to what i am trying to tell them - that even though their saled department say i have been upgraded - in fact i havent!
Standard User kasg
(experienced) Wed 18-Apr-12 20:58:43
Print Post

39.16? That's not possible on a 40 meg service, highest is 38.72, so that suggests you _have_ been upgraded.

Kevin

plusnet Extra 80/20 trial
Using OpenDNS
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 18-Apr-12 23:17:34
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

Not an expert but when i told the level 2 technical support team they agreed with me that 39.16 meant i wasnt upgraded and there is an issue. My estimated speed should be 54 meg down 13 up.

When i asked them if it should show about 76 or so they said yes i was correct! I am not trying to start an argument but 39 mbits on a 54 meg estimate is wrong.
Standard User kasg
(experienced) Thu 19-Apr-12 17:07:40
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Not an expert but when i told the level 2 technical support team they agreed with me that 39.16 meant i wasnt upgraded and there is an issue. My estimated speed should be 54 meg down 13 up.

Well 39.16 looks highly suspect to me, as I said, shouldn't be possible on a 40 meg product.
In reply to a post by Anonymous:
When i asked them if it should show about 76 or so they said yes i was correct! I am not trying to start an argument but 39 mbits on a 54 meg estimate is wrong.

I can't argue with you there!

Kevin

Using OpenDNS
Standard User Scoot
(member) Thu 19-Apr-12 18:57:03
Print Post

RobertoS, going back to your statement "there is no training period on FTTC" [censored] curiousity got the better of me and I emailed @BTCare team about my poor upload speeds.

Their suggestion was wait until the 10 day training period has elapsed and then come back to them and they will get a technician to look at my upload, as tests they did suggest my sync is good, exchange is good and my upload should be better.

I dont know whether it was an uneducated member of staff or a way to fob me off but ill wait 10 days and report it as 9mb on a 20mb sync aint right.
Standard User kasg
(experienced) Thu 19-Apr-12 19:38:41
Print Post

In reply to a post by Scoot:
I dont know whether it was an uneducated member of staff or a way to fob me off but ill wait 10 days and report it as 9mb on a 20mb sync aint right.

Probably uneducated/uniformed and fobbing you off. There is no 10-day training period but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not a good idea to wait a few days to see what happens.

Kevin

Using OpenDNS
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 19-Apr-12 19:55:48
Print Post

Got similar but with dl was getting full 40/10 most I have seen on 80/20 is 48/15 I'm 150m from cab so there's something wrong with the new 80/20 product I'm currently taking hourly bt speed test shots for aquiss but I'm last test showed 6 down on a 77 sync go figure
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to