General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Mon 25-Feb-13 12:57:46
Print Post

Re: A knowledge confirmation/correction please

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
Just logged into my HG gui and DLM has fiddled with the power again.

Now I got.

Downstream Upstream
Attainable rate (kbit/s) 85544 32158
SNR margin (dB) 9.8 14.4
Yeah mine had an unusual resync event this morning at 6am. For the first time ever it went below 70Mb/s to 66Mb/s. However according to the modem the attainable rate is better:

Max: Upstream rate = 26774 Kbps, Downstream rate = 77716 Kbps
Path: 0, Upstream rate = 20000 Kbps, Downstream rate = 66369 Kbps

Down Up
SNR (dB): 6.1 15.1
Attn(dB): 0.0 0.0
Pwr(dBm): 12.4 6.3

I also got the chance to try an alternate logon and IP address which had the same problem. Unfortunately when I switched back to my correct login the fault had cleared so now we're stuck until April. But that shows it's not connected with my account but - as already known - getting a new session eventually clears it.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Just because he could. RIP.

Edited by Andrue (Mon 25-Feb-13 13:02:30)

Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 25-Feb-13 13:33:12
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

looking at my QLN its gone down but not by much, but even that slight drop has improved my D1 range a lot and added 14 meg of attainable sync.

I will post pics later of the changed graphs.

Hopefuly this change sticks.

Max: Upstream rate = 32863 Kbps, Downstream rate = 85360 Kbps
Path: 0, Upstream rate = 20000 Kbps, Downstream rate = 79999 Kbps

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - Estimate 65.9/20 - Attainable peak 110/36 - Current Sync 71/20

Edited by Chrysalis (Mon 25-Feb-13 13:36:08)

Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 25-Feb-13 17:14:52
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

so basically new PPP session (but same sync) temporarily clears it. I think a engineer callout is pointless for that.

Incidently my line wasnt DLM, I rushed the analysis as I was busy.

The attainable jumped up this morning just before 10am, the line didnt resync, so not DLM. I manually resynced to get the 79999, the snrm change was sudden not gradual.Then sometime late afternoon the snrm went downwards again and left me on a 71/23 attainable. But I am still synced at 80/20 with now a quite low snr margin on the downstream. Error rate seems about 25% higher than with 6db margin. Which isnt a huge amount higher % wise.

As to why I had that jump I can only speculate, but does seem either someone turned their modem off during the day and I got some crosstalk relief or some device somewhere alongside my D side was temporarily turned off. I do have bitloading, snrm graphs etc. so when I do get time I will post them somewhere so others can see what changes, but in a different thread probably as I dont want to sidetrack yours.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - Estimate 65.9/20 - Attainable peak 110/36 - Current Sync 71/20

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to