A version 2.1 revision to the HG612 Modem Stats package has now been released.
It is available here:-
HG612 Modem Stats r2.1
Click the Blue Download Now! button & choose one of the Download Mirrors.
It is still currently aimed only at VDSL2/FTTC connections for Microsoft Windows users, using a Huawei HG612 modem or a ZyXel VMG8324-B10A combined modem/router.
The package has been fully tested on XP, Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8/8.1 systems.
What´s New in version 2.1
• Added the option to record extra debugging information.
Along with Extensive event logging, this option can be turned OFF, with very minimal data stored.
Turning these options OFF speeds up the programs, so it *may* be necessary
to apply a different PC speed setting in the event of failed data harvests
for faster PCs.
• Added option to choose the PC speed setting.
FAST actually slows the programs down by adding slight pauses in order
to ensure the modem can keep pace with the PC.
SLOW adds no pauses. This speeds up the programs on slower PCs.
MEDIUM is the middle ground between FAST & SLOW settings.
• ONGOING_ISRUNNING files are now always deleted, but a record of
when 2 instances of HG612_stats.exe were running is stored in a log file.
• Moved various log files to a new folder named Event & Error Logs to keep them together
• Fixed error in modem_stats.log & in Ongoing stats graphs.
US_OHFErr(i.e. US CRC) data was incorrectly being stored as DS_OHFErr
US_OHFErr.png was thus incorrectly plotting DS_OHFErr data
This error was carried into line_stats__FULL_MONTY_P-xxxxxxxx-xxxx.png
• Added support for ZyXel VMG8324-B10A combined modem/router.
Not actually tested, but it is believed this option will also
work with other ZyXel modem/router combinations.
• Fixed an issue with some user defined folder names that included spaces not beng recognised
• Added drop down list of modems in the GUI to select from.
If a modem isn't chosen or if using an older version of the ini file, the programs will default to using the HG612
• Added the option to choose/create a different folder for the ongoing modem_stats.log & xlogfile.txt
• Added US OHFErr (FEC) errors graph to FULL__MONTY montage of Ongoing Stats.
• Added more error checking in get_data() function, forcing a controlled exit if 'stuck' in a loop attempting to obtain data.
• Cosmetic graph appearance changes
• Added HG612's firmware version to pbParams stats window.
• Improved efficiency of snapshot graphing program (GRAPH6.exe)
HG612_current_stats.exe now passes a parameter to GRAPH6.exe to confirm
how the Plink log was generated i.e. via a scheduled or resync event,
manually generated via HG612_current_stats.exe or by dragging & dropping
a Plink log onto the GRAPH6.exe program icon.
• Added support for VDSL2 Profile 8a (as used in the Isle of Man)
New users should simply extract the contents of the zip file to Drive C:, ensuring "Expand Folders" or similar setting is selected for a default setup.
Existing users of version 2.0 should extract all the files & subfolders to the relevant existing folders to ensure the slightly different operation of the package is picked up.
Once all the files are in place, existing users should delete the original [size=14pt]HG612 Stats Program[/size] task & create a new one via the Settings GUI.
By default, Current (snapshot) data will be harvested & plotted every 8 hours, starting at 06:00 & Ongoing data will be harvested every minute, being plotted at 06:00 each day.
These settings can be easily adjusted or logging and/or automated graphing turned off via the Settings GUI.
As always, your feedback, comments & suggestions for further enhancements are welcomed.
Edited by Bald_Eagle1 (Fri 16-May-14 00:57:43)