General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RedBull2k14
(newbie) Tue 21-May-19 23:59:48
Print Post

New Openreach site: Register Interest

[link to this post]

I registered my interest at the new openreach website, i got an email shortly after saying that i was in its plans for ultrafast. but on the page i registered it says its not available. so i am confused. anyone shed any light on which i should believe.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Wed 22-May-19 02:02:07
Print Post

Re: New Openreach site: Register Interest

[re: RedBull2k14] [link to this post]

Just means that its not available at the moment, but you in their plans to make it available in the future.

Their checker has very limited information, the old version displayed more information, but to some also became confusing.

But be aware these plans can change day to day.

Paul;

BTBroadband - Ultrafast Fibre 2 Plus + FVA
Exchange Name: Ilford Central (LNILC) Cabinet: 24
TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest (Single Threaded) | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Standard User AndyPandy
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 22-May-19 07:23:29
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

I also got an email saying "Your address is part of our Ultrafast fibre rollout programme", but no other details.

Are the plans published anywhere, or is this the default reply to anyone checking?

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 2
Fritz!Box 3390

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PhilipD
(experienced) Wed 22-May-19 08:08:20
Print Post

[re: AndyPandy] [link to this post]

Hi

I think everyone is in the Ultrafast plans, as the plan is to upgrade most/everyone, but that could be 10, 15 or 20 years away! It also could be a badly worded email or they are using the wrong template. Perhaps it should say, "Thank you, we've registered your interest in our Ultrafast fibre rollout programme".

The full list of exhanges/areas up to 12 months in advance is openly published by BT,see this link https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/fibre-firs... then scroll down to the map and choose your closest city, you need to chose some location before it adds the shaded areas to the map. If you zoom out you can see just how little of the UK is under progress. There is also a link in the notes under the map that will take you to a document listing all the areas to be fibre enabled in the next 12 months.

Regards

Phil
Standard User adrenalize_
(learned) Wed 22-May-19 08:19:15
Print Post

[re: PhilipD] [link to this post]

Well the results in the emails from registering are changeable/odd!

I used my phone number - checker says no FTTP - so I clicked to register and manually entered my details and the email back said you are in the Ultrafast Fibre programme.

Checked using the postcode and selected my address - checker says no FTTP - clicked to register and email back says you are NOT on the Ultrafast Fibre programme.

So I'd take it with an even bigger pich of salt than normal!
Standard User RedBull2k14
(newbie) Wed 22-May-19 10:34:55
Print Post

[re: adrenalize_] [link to this post]

thanks, for responses, i can see now its probably teething problems
Standard User hvis42
(regular) Wed 22-May-19 11:15:29
Print Post

[re: PhilipD] [link to this post]

Not everyone is in their plans. For my London EO line (slow ADSL only) I received

Never say never

Unfortunately your address isn't part of our current rollout programme. But don't worry. You'll be one of the first to know when our Ultrafast service arrives in your area

The new checker seems to have added the "programme" level. You might be in a programme but not yet in plans. The previous checker started from plans. I guess this gives us a bit more insight into their work. Those who are in a programme but not in plans will probably get their upgrades faster than those who are not even part of a programme.
Standard User gt94sss2
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 22-May-19 15:18:06
Print Post

[re: hvis42] [link to this post]

Ditto - I got the

Never say never

Unfortunately your address isn't part of our current rollout programme. But don't worry. You'll be one of the first to know when our Ultrafast service arrives in your area

message as well.

My cabinet/FTTC line (also in London) actually has a g.fast pod on it - though we are too far away to benefit from g.fast.

As such, I would be interested if other g.fast areas are also getting a similar message (though I know there is some overbuilding going on)

Edited by gt94sss2 (Wed 22-May-19 15:19:06)

Standard User pob
(member) Wed 22-May-19 16:28:56
Print Post

[re: gt94sss2] [link to this post]

I'm in a G.Fast area but too far away from the cabinet to benefit from it. I currently get 38-42Mb from FTTC.

I got the following message after registering:
Your address is part of our Ultrafast fibre rollout programme. We'll keep you updated throughout the process as your address progresses through our build plan.
Standard User busterboy
(member) Wed 22-May-19 17:37:39
Print Post

[re: RedBull2k14] [link to this post]

Pinch of salt or what.

https://imgur.com/Ez2p7Lp

BTBroadband
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to