General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User nellisere
(newbie) Mon 10-Jun-19 19:08:03
Print Post

Fibre Availability

[link to this post]

Hi Everyone. I live on a new estate that's been up for about 3 years and haven't yet had access to FTTC. ADSL speeds are only around 4Mbps. The fibre cabinet has recently been erected in the past 2 months but we are still waiting for the silver lock and for it to go active. From what I've seen on roadworks, the power was done around 3-4 weeks ago but no where is indicating a go live date. The cabinet doesn't come up on codelook and the BT DSL Checker shows absolutely nothing regarding any sort of fibre.

What's the best way to find out an ETA? It's cabinet 83 on EMBOSTO, PE21 8FP.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 10-Jun-19 19:13:57
Print Post

Re: Fibre Availability

[re: nellisere] [link to this post]

Alas no ETA secret info here

Any indications that fibre and copper link cabling has been done?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User nellisere
(newbie) Mon 10-Jun-19 19:18:52
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Alas no ETA secret info here

Any indications that fibre and copper link cabling has been done?

That is a shame, no harm in trying! I don't get to see alot of it due to alot of the progress happening whilst I'm at work. I always thought power was the last thing to go in before activation?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 10-Jun-19 21:04:47
Print Post

[re: nellisere] [link to this post]

The cabinet doesn't come up on codelook and the BT DSL Checker shows absolutely nothing regarding any sort of fibre.

Cabinet P83 FTTC being Connected, live due by August 2019 Phase Privately Funded 22a Huawei

From codelook.

edit: search the postcode you provided, click the exchange name, click on "All 91 fibre cabinets".

Edited by j0hn83 (Mon 10-Jun-19 21:06:26)

Print Thread

Jump to