General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Decked
(newbie) Thu 20-Jun-19 10:34:44
Print Post

Community funded FTTP

[link to this post]

WeĎre about to sign an Openreach community contract to deploy a full fibre network where I live. We are aware of the deployment costs but unsure about connection charges and monthly costs by the broadband providers. Openreach have been a bit vague.....
Can anyone confirm what they paid for install and monthly recurring costs for a 150mb or 300mb option on a Community funded project? Will it be the same as other FTTP deployments by Openreach or do community projects have a different pricing structure?
I also canít find FTTP pricing from anyone other than BT. Do Sky, Vodafone or anyone else offer FTTP packages? If not, I presume itís just a matter of time, if so, does anyone know when this will likely happen?
Standard User CarlTSpeak
(newbie) Thu 20-Jun-19 10:51:50
Print Post

Re: Community funded FTTP

[re: Decked] [link to this post]

You'll pay what everyone else does as far as the product charges go - this money isn't going to Openreach directly and the part you've paid covers the gap between deploying the FTTP to you and what Openreach would've spent commercially so there's no benefit to them and they won't charge the providers less.

Zen also provide FTTP as do some smaller providers. TalkTalk and Sky FTTP should be coming later this year, No idea about Vodafone but the same timeframe is realistic.

Building better networks, not just faster ones.

Any resemblance between the posts of this account and Ignitionnet are entirely intentional. R Kelly rather killed the connotations of the old one.
Standard User Gadget
(committed) Thu 20-Jun-19 10:54:48
Print Post

I expect they would and should be - they do not supply the service over their infrastructure, that is the ISP and Openreach cannot favour any ISP over another.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User brookheather
(member) Thu 20-Jun-19 11:00:09
Print Post

Zen is slightly cheaper than BT for 150Mbps if you don't want a phone line at £50pm - for 300Mbps they charge £60 which is the same as BT with a phone line. BT usually have cashback offers available which reduces the effective monthly price.

Cerberus FTTP + pfSense + Asus RT-AC67U AiMesh
Standard User Decked
(newbie) Fri 21-Jun-19 15:43:32
Print Post

[re: CarlTSpeak] [link to this post]

Thanks all. Makes me feel better about the situation. We have 12 months once the service goes live to have the residents signed up to an FTTP product. So realistically it'll take Openreach between 9-12 months to deploy the fibre and gives us up to 2 years from now to sign up. Hopefully by then, the likes of Sky and Vodafone, TalkTalk etc are offering FTTP products.
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 21-Jun-19 16:24:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by Decked:
Thanks all. Makes me feel better about the situation. We have 12 months once the service goes live to have the residents signed up to an FTTP product.

Can you expand on that?
Who told you that you only have 12 months for residents to sign up to an FTTP product?
Standard User Decked
(newbie) Fri 21-Jun-19 16:45:10
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by j0hn83:
In reply to a post by Decked:
Thanks all. Makes me feel better about the situation. We have 12 months once the service goes live to have the residents signed up to an FTTP product.

Can you expand on that?
Who told you that you only have 12 months for residents to sign up to an FTTP product?

We're using government issued gigabit vouchers to pay for the entire project (we're not paying a thing) so in order to comply with the Openreach & government scheme we have to have a certain number of residents to sign up within 12 months of the service going live.

https://gigabitvoucher.culture.gov.uk/
  Print Thread

Jump to