General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 11-Jul-19 14:35:53
Print Post

G.fast ordered

[link to this post]

I have finally ordered G.fast 160/30 and see how it goes from there. Not Zen Internet but different ISP. Openreach engineer come to my property to install new line and G.fast 29th July am slot.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Fri 12-Jul-19 00:07:42
Print Post

Re: G.fast ordered

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

My new ISP will be CIX in here: https://www.cix.uk/broadband/gfast as they say it will be openreach managed install with Huawei MT992 Openreach modem as I have to use my own TP Link VR2600 Wireless Router.

How long do I need to wait for new telephone number data to come up? There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it is not a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided. Most new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the line

Edited by adslmax (Fri 12-Jul-19 01:21:26)

Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 12-Jul-19 09:39:03
Print Post

Within 24 hours of the line going live.
Not a minute before.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Fri 12-Jul-19 12:01:34
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

The order is now cancelled. Because of very poor estimated by CIX saying my line only support by this estimated by BTw.

Down: 101 - 114.2
Up: 9.1 - 12.1

Look like Zen are right spot on did warned me my g.fast line will only get around 114/9. Pointless from VDSL 80/20 to G.fast 114/9
Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Fri 12-Jul-19 13:37:09
Print Post

Zen and CIX are both buying the same product from BT Wholesale, talking to the same BTW systems, so will report back the same information.

I'm surprised they'd even let you order it. It's now only supposed to be available to people who have estimates of 120M and above.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 12-Jul-19 13:38:39
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

I have to ask ADSLMax whether he truly did place an order or was just having some fun teasing as all

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User flilot
(learned) Fri 12-Jul-19 14:30:22
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
I have to ask ADSLMax whether he truly did place an order or was just having some fun teasing as all

His dramatic and volatile life involving his Internet connections is actually better than most things that are on TV at the moment grin

Carl
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 12-Jul-19 14:48:47
Print Post

[re: flilot] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by flilot:
In reply to a post by MrSaffron:

His dramatic and volatile life involving his Internet connections is actually better than most things that are on TV at the moment grin

Jackanory used to be on the telly.

Standard User IanBB
(committed) Fri 12-Jul-19 22:26:01
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Crackanory sounds more apt smile
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sat 13-Jul-19 15:19:24
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Why is zen and cix saying I would get 114/9 but Cerberus checker say I can get it for 175/21 for g.fast? How can other isp say I would get 114/9 but I wouldn't believe this until Cerberus say my line can do 175/21? Who tell the truth? I have fired off email to openreach to enquired of why some isp's say I get low on g.fast but cerberus seem look fine for 160/30 product when it say I can get 175/21? I don't mind upload of 21 but the download of 175 for these product 160/30 is much twice as FTTC 80/20 to 175/21. But I don't want to order it and later get activated on the line for just 114/9 as I would lose lots of money and stuck on 12 months contract etc.

See here:

https://ibb.co/nfqfNZS

Edited by adslmax (Sat 13-Jul-19 15:22:21)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to