General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User richi
(member) Sat 17-Aug-19 16:11:42
Print Post

Help with new infill cab?

[link to this post]

Exchange Turgis Green. Looks like a new infill cab#23.

From the trial holes dug this morning, location appears to be https://maps.app.goo.gl/UcwTX6Bg2ESop1Pr9

Any way of finding out which properties this will serve? Andrew? Anyone else in the know? My neighbours are desparate!

Three unlimited SIMO, replacing 3 km ADSL line.
Previously: BT ISDN, Nildram, Plusnet, 186k, EFH, Be*, Plusnet (again), Pulse8, Sky, Plusnet Business, TalkTalk Retail.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 17-Aug-19 18:06:10
Print Post

Re: Help with new infill cab?

[re: richi] [link to this post]

At a guess, down Wildmoor Lane, and maybe the few houses near there on the main drag ?

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 17-Aug-19 18:17:35
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Looks logical, those all the way down the road in Wildmoor might get lucky and see FTTP in addition to slower VDSL2, no inside knowledge but for distance involved this is becoming a more common thing.

Should be said that timeline might be well into 2020

Edited by MrSaffron (Sat 17-Aug-19 18:19:10)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User richi
(member) Sat 17-Aug-19 19:11:27
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks both. I agree it's logical—I'm fairly sure the existing D-side from cab#10 runs to about that location, then crosses the A33 to run down Wildmoor Lane, via an underground chamber (where there's also a decommissioned, adopted phone box!)

Interesting thought about them also blowing PON down there. The natives might get a bit restless at that thought!

Three unlimited SIMO, replacing 3 km ADSL line.
Previously: BT ISDN, Nildram, Plusnet, 186k, EFH, Be*, Plusnet (again), Pulse8, Sky, Plusnet Business, TalkTalk Retail.
Standard User mking90031
(learned) Sun 18-Aug-19 11:53:28
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
At a guess, down Wildmoor Lane, and maybe the few houses near there on the main drag ?

Hi,

I used to work down Wildmoor Lane many years ago when my boss lived down there. We worked in his converted garage. What a small world is it!! That was my first IT job....It was right around 9/11 when I was working there....the memories.....had my first car accident on my way home from there.....LOL

Thanks for the flashback!

Yours,

Mark King MCP
www.mark-king-basingstoke.co.uk
Virginmedia 345Mb/sec Down & 25Mb/sec Up
  Print Thread

Jump to